Why am I supposed to win the FA cup and league cup every year?

With Man Utd? Board says every season they expect me to win that every season but IRL thats impossible, Man Utd IRL are never wanting to win it, i'm sure the board IRL appreciate that because its such a minor competition, that FA cup also and the charity shield.

It's because the board confidence system doesn't work properly. Just look on the bright side, with the cup competitions, at least it's not too important.

You sure about that? I just lost to Man City in the 3rd round of the FA cup and on summary it says "However, the board are very dissapointed with the team's performance in the FA Cup", I won twice in the last 2 season before this season.

You sure about that? I just lost to Man City in the 3rd round of the FA cup and on summary it says "However, the board are very dissapointed with the team's performance in the FA Cup", I won twice in the last 2 season before this season.

As long as your game is patched you should be fine. The board confidence of cups will have little effect now even though it says they are disappointed. Before the patch, you could lose your job because of it.

As long as your game is patched you should be fine. The board confidence of cups will have little effect now even though it says they are disappointed. Before the patch, you could lose your job because of it.

I'm using patch 8.02

I'm using patch 8.02

You should be alright then. I think in the patch they toned down the effect of it. It will still say they are extrememly disappointed but it doesn't matter as long as you do well in the league and match the long-term ambitions.

My favourite was the board expecting my Leeds team to reach the fourth round of the FA Cup. I got knocked out by Portsmouth in the third round and the board were extremly dissapointed with me. This was first season btw, so Leeds were in League One.

To be fair, I'd imagine most Manyu supporters would be at the very least disappointed by losing to City in the Cup, especially falling at the first hurdle to them. I would imagine that were this draw to occur in real life, the attitude of fans may switch from "not particularly bothered about this, so long as we don't get embarrassed" to "let's beat these buggers soundly, and then stop caring about the Cup". It's certainly how I feel about Sheffield Wednesday as a Rotherham fan (although cups are gold to us right now!).

Archived