Striker for some reason has low shotsongoal/shots ratio

My striker has pretty low (36%) shots on goal / total shots ratio.

Considering that his finishing is 19. composure is 12. Why would this be so low?

Also is there anyway to figure out what team total shots in the season as well as team shots against?

Finanally, is there any way to track stats of a player over multiple seasons?

Thanks!

Akaz

PS. Hopefully FM09 will be out soon!

Technique is 10, decisions is 8. This is in Coca Cola League 1.

I have had the striker for 4 years, first year in league 2 he was phenominal, in league one while he has always been my best striker i have had this problem. Yet my ass man with 19/20 in judging ability/potential gives him 7stars and i find it hard to even loan a player that he deems much better than my own striker.

Akaz

My striker has pretty low (36%) shots on goal / total shots ratio.

Considering that his finishing is 19. composure is 12. Why would this be so low?

Also is there anyway to figure out what team total shots in the season as well as team shots against?

Finanally, is there any way to track stats of a player over multiple seasons?

Thanks!

Akaz

PS. Hopefully FM09 will be out soon!

do people get the ball to him he may have it low as he does not get the ball much or ewither that or he is a pish interms of being an allround player.plus his composure is low which mean when he has the ball he may panic when taking a shot

he probably takes too many shots from range (since he has low decisions) when there could be better options open like passing the ball. Also it could be becuase you play a fast tempo maybe??? and does he have lots of creative freedom?

I think it maybe a combo of poor long shot ability with poor decisions. I usually have his long shot setting a minimal but he takes them anyways.

The most frustrating is when he has beaten the GK and still misses net and that happens far to often (though i think this has to do with how Match engine displays the number curnching).

Though my bigger concern is that in the first season after promotion he went off for 45 goals (as a 18 year old). since then in the next two seaons he has struggled to score 30-35 even though he is playing same about of game time and his scoring off set pieces has gone up (mostly on corners).

Akaz

Archived