Young players and burn out

flicking through the fM07 manual i noticed a point about not playing young players too much in case of burn out. so i was wondering at what age that problem goes away. Just starting back in the game i have picked up with Manchester United and wondered if the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo are going to be subject to the same burn out problem as other young players.

Will playing them week in week out cause them to be stunted in the long run or will they progress just fine because they are already over a certain age? its not so much of a problem for the likes of Nani and Anderson in my team since they are more getting sub appearances than starting and playing full games.

ta very glad.

what do you mean burn out?

what is wrong with playing young players?

Burn out means players are overtired from playing too many matches and young players will get tired much quicker than players in their prime if you overplay them. That is what the OP means.

do they get tired just because of their age

or do they get tired because a certain atrribute is low because of their age

I would imagine its the latter. Young players physial stats are usually lower. That is probably an answer to the OP. Until their physical stats like stamina have grown enough.

It's also to do with the fear of not reaching their potential, alot of players get burned out at some point in their career, see Michael Owen for example, he had injury upon injury following bouts of general unfitness and being rusty.

With Owen generally being a good finisher and having good off the ball skills, his decreased pace hasn't hurt him too much it seems. If it happens to a young enough player it could set their development back quite abit.. it could be the difference between Premiership and League 1.

Also, generally overplaying them could wear them out too much to focus on their training, a big part in their development early on. (Players increase stats quicker when they're younger) so I like to stick my youngsters to half games and cup runs.

To be honest, when you get to Rooney or Ronaldo's development stage it's best to just play them as they're already world class, any improvement is a bonus.

Archived