Assistant advice

In future FMs i would love to see a feature , where you can ask your assistance advice on which subs to make and tactics to use etc during matches e.g. bring x on to tighten up the game , the accuracy of this could be determined by attributes such as tactical knowledge , this would make choosing your assistant manager more important , as i feel that the assistant does not have much of a role in the game atm.

What are peoples opinions on this ?

I don't think this would work very in a match.

I did however make a similar post to this a while ago. I think that your AM should be giving you tactics advice after a game. Where it went wrong, what needs changing etc.

I don't think this would work very in a match.

I did however make a similar post to this a while ago. I think that your AM should be giving you tactics advice after a game. Where it went wrong, what needs changing etc.

Yeah possibly , i just feel that in FM08 and previous versions , the Assistant manager does not have as big of a role as they should do.

dunno about this tbh, i disagree with my assman most of the time regarding team selection/players/signings so i dont think id want him telling me who to sub and who not to sub... after a match wouldnt be bad though, some feedback on things you cant actually see happening in the match....

Good shout although it could be expanded into asking your coaches, although it'd be fairly cosmetic it'd be good if you could have one of your coaches or your AM sit in the stands to watch the game (thus getting a different viewpoint).

My club Watford did this all the time when Keith Burkinshaw was Boothroyd's assistant and it made a difference i think, at a pre-season friendly last season Boothroyd sat on the roof of a stand to watch the game :D

I think the assistant manager should give you some tactical feedback and I think that is one reason why we get 'the AI is cheating' threads and so on as people can't see where they are going wrong due to very little feedback on tactics.

Although it's practically a sin to mention Championship Manager 2008 here I will, even though I played one match then uninstalled it I loved their ProZone analysis. It states things like who didn't get involved with tackling, who had the least posession, who gave the ball away the most. It's something I'd like to see in an assistant manager's report.

Although I'd like an in depth post-match report, a brief half time report would be awesome.

Although it's practically a sin to mention Championship Manager 2008 here I will, even though I played one match then uninstalled it I loved their ProZone analysis. It states things like who didn't get involved with tackling, who had the least posession, who gave the ball away the most. It's something I'd like to see in an assistant manager's report.

Although I'd like an in depth post-match report, a brief half time report would be awesome.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. People have asked for ProZone before but SI don't need to both with the license. Have the AM do it, would be a fantastic addition IMO.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. People have asked for ProZone before but SI don't need to both with the license. Have the AM do it, would be a fantastic addition IMO.

Match stats do this to some extent, don't they? Couldn't that just be expanded?

Match stats do this to some extent, don't they? Couldn't that just be expanded?

Have you seen CMs ProZone feature?

It works by showing you clips of the good and bad and then analyzing what went wrong etc. If you haven't seen it, I suggest looking it a nice feature. I haven't used it alot but my impression of it was good. If SI did something similar I think it would be better than just using stats we already have.

Have you seen CMs ProZone feature?

It works by showing you clips of the good and bad and then analyzing what went wrong etc. If you haven't seen it, I suggest looking it a nice feature. I haven't used it alot but my impression of it was good. If SI did something similar I think it would be better than just using stats we already have.

Ok. 10101010101010

Archived