Football Manager Competitors

So I have been playing this management game a long time. Played the Championship Manager series and then moved on to Football Manager when SI teamed up with SEGA.

Now I have also tried other management games. And honestly they have consistently sucked .... even the new 3-D Championship Manager.

But I started noticing FIFA Manager 2008 (formerly called Total Club Manager). It had all the ingredients for a potential perfect game but lacked in a real match engine and offered the manager too much power and options that would baffle and scare off anyone. These two factors caused the overall rating of this game to slip and FM 2008 was rated and ranked higher than Fifa Manager 2008.

But what scares me is the new and improved FIFA Manager 2009...they have learnt from their mistakes....they have the 3-D match pitch....all the real players and faces....the original badges and kits ... and if they truly did fix the match engine and optimize the managers' abilities and responsibilities then OH MY GOD... this game is a serious competitor... and possibly de-thrown Football Manager as the leader.

My Question:

i) Does SI Games + Sega plan to develop a futuristic vision to compete with Fifa Manager or does it rely heavily on just optimising its match and transfer engine to come on top?

ii) Will Football Manager ever be able to match Fifa Manager's features (3-D pitch, real-time commentary,fan songs, personalized training, dressing room interactions, creating youth camps abroad,etc...) ?

iii) Do you think Fifa Manager is the way of the future management games?

So I have been playing this management game a long time. Played the Championship Manager series and then moved on to Football Manager when SI teamed up with SEGA.

Now I have also tried other management games. And honestly they have consistently sucked .... even the new 3-D Championship Manager.

Has this even been released yet? If it hasn't how do you know it sucks? In all likelihood you're probably right, and it probably does suck, but you can't judge it until you've played it tbh.

My Question:

Er, no, no, no no, no. If I did, I'd play it. Played it once, terrible game.

I think in simulations, graphics do not matter that much. Yes it has the ability to take the game to the next level but if you dont get the basics right (tactics, player abilities, media interactions etc etc) then there is no use of having glossy graphics. When i first bought Total Club Manager 05, i honestly believed that the game was far superior to FM (i think it was CM then) but just one season into the game, i realized that it was a waste of money. Agreed that fifa manager has improved since then, but still it is no where near the addictiveness of FM (had played the fifa manager 08 demo and found it equally boring). I think there are only two things in which fifa manager is better than fm, media/player interaction and the ability to build youth camps abroad. Hopefully SI will improve in these two areas very soon :D

if you've grown with the game from early CM games like most of us, you made a choice in 2004 according to your gaming maturity. graphics meant less to me once i got into various simulations. gameplay, longevity and realism etc are far more important if you play simulations.

But what scares me is the new and improved FIFA Manager 2009

Why does that scare you? If FIFA Manager turns out to be as good as FM09 it would be great. Competition is what drives products on.

3D would be nice but it won't shift copies, otherwise FIFA Manager would be the biggest seller and not FM.

My Question:

ll) Will Football Manager ever be able to match Fifa Manager's features (3-D pitch, real-time commentary,fan songs, personalized training, dressing room interactions, creating youth camps abroad,etc...) ?

No!

lll) Do you think Fifa Manager is the way of the future management games?

Yeseeeeee!

ii) Will Football Manager ever be able to match Fifa Manager's features (3-D pitch, real-time commentary,fan songs, personalized training, dressing room interactions, creating youth camps abroad,etc...) ?

1. 3-D pitch. That would be rubbish. You wouldn't be able to see the whole pitch, and you need to be able to do that in a management game.

2. Real time commentary. What? Do you mean every second in the game is a second IRL? You can do that in FM. And in any game, it sucks. I want to play it on fast, so you can still see what's happening but it stays entertaining.

3. Personalized training is in FM. Just create a schedule for one person.

4. What is dressing room interactions?

5. I don't like the sound of this and it just seems like a gimmick.

No way. It's a terrible game, with features like playing golf and buying a house. FM is a lot better.

FIFA Manager is no competition whatsoever for FM. They're two different styles, therefore appeal to two different crowds.

:confused:

erm... what?

of course they are competitors they both appeal to people who play

football management games

fifa manager

pro manager

football manager

championship manager

all appeal to the same crowd

Archived