Second Nationality

It depends, if he is from outside the EU, chances are it won't take too long after the time needed is up until he will take citizenship, so that he can get a work permit, if he is happy that is

If he is from in the EU, sometimes it never ends, but for EU players playing in the EU, it is purely cosmetic really

I don't quite understand what you mean, are you managing a team in the 2nd league in Spain, or have you sent players on loan there to get a permit? Either way, they will need to be there for 2 years before they can consider citizenship and then it will take as long as it takes for them to become a citizen, as far as I am aware there are no steadfast rules about how long it takes, it appears to be random, as it would be IRL

I manage Sporting Gijon, currently in Second League, and players have already fulfilled the required time (2 years) to consider a citizenship. They are already "considering citizenship" and I'm getting eager as to when they'll pick it up.

I manage Sporting Gijon, currently in Second League, and players have already fulfilled the required time (2 years) to consider a citizenship. They are already "considering citizenship" and I'm getting eager as to when they'll pick it up.

Usually a maximum of 1 month after they fulfill the 2 years, occasionally a few days after the 2 years even! If they already have EU citizenship, then they won't bother obtaining Spanish citizenship ever but that wouldn't matter.

Well it's been around 40 days for both. And still no news (Guys don't have another EU pass).

I am unable to have them play right now because of non-EU player limitations. May this have any effect on this duration, I wonder ?

Well it's been around 40 days for both. And still no news (Guys don't have another EU pass).

I am unable to have them play right now because of non-EU player limitations. May this have any effect on this duration, I wonder ?

It is possible I suppose, if I'm right about this, they are technically able to play but you don't play them as you have other non EU players taking up your allocation, that right?

If this is the case, then they may not have taken citizenship yet because they are technically able to play, you just aren't playing them

It is possible I suppose, if I'm right about this, they are technically able to play but you don't play them as you have other non EU players taking up your allocation, that right?

If this is the case, then they may not have taken citizenship yet because they are technically able to play, you just aren't playing them

Well one of them was my first choice until I had to pull him back because a new player who HAD TO BE integrated into the team. Also I knew that he would be picking up his second citizenship by that time.

The other one was a young gun in the reserves.

And your reasonable comments -what had came into my mind- make me scared. Damn.

You can only register a maximum of 3 Non-EU in the 1st team squad (for La Liga, idk about the second tier league). You can't have any non-EU in the B or C squad. They can train but they won't be able to play until they are registered.

I'm not understanding, are they registered for the 1st team or not?

Oh and it doesn't matter if they can play or not, as long as they have the option to count as an EU player, they will accept the nationality eventually, it's just a matter of time.

Oh and it doesn't matter if they can play or not, as long as they have the option to count as an EU player, they will accept the nationality eventually, it's just a matter of time.

Here is what I've asked from the very beginning.

How long matter of time ? It's been 50 days already and I need them both in the eleven.

I've had this problem too.

For how long? Or did they just never take it ?

Here is what I've asked from the very beginning.

How long matter of time ? It's been 50 days already and I need them both in the eleven.

This question was answered quite quickly after you 1st asked, there is no way to know how long it would take, it will take as long as it takes

And I was pointing out the fact that I admitted I had got answers since you brought up that fact.

What? Read back through this thread, it is quite clear that at no point have you seemed to realise that people have given you the answer to the question, evident by that fact that you continued asking

Jeez, I don't want to have an argument over this, all I said was you got the answer to that question a long time ago, yet felt the need to ask it again

There is no point in us carrying this on, it aint gonna get anyone anywhere, you asked a question and got a response, just leave it there

Jeez, I don't want to have an argument over this, all I said was you got the answer to that question a long time ago, yet felt the need to ask it again

There is no point in us carrying this on, it aint gonna get anyone anywhere, you asked a question and got a response, just leave it there

Yeah, that's what you've started up there -I just wanted to know what was wrong with my posts.

Every other post up there inquires something different while adding more or less into it -we're trying to figure out something here. That was a personal view of yours that I kept asking the same thing over.

Irrelevancy at its best. Let's leave it at this.

From what I have seen (played in Spanish league), they all would take a total of 800 days to turn Spanish (from 2 years = 730 days requirement). I'm not sure why, but it's 800 days which means you're most likely to miss out to sign another non-EU player, after that 2 years, for a window.

found it, knew id read it somewhere today...

If you look at Chelsea Cudicini is Considering Citizenship for years he retires before he become English Citizen so maybe its down to the player their isn't a time limit, maybe if he is happy in ther country and playing he will accept.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think there is a bug in the game regarding this. If you look at the editor under the years to gain nationality tab the years to gain nationality in England is set to 0 whereas it should be 5 so I think this means that a player will never accept dual nationality. To test this theory of mine I changed this value to 5 like its supposed to be and started a new game and the majority of non-eu players that I signed accepted dual nationality a short time after the 5 years was up. Remember though that even if a player is eligible for dual nationality they may decide against it. I think it would be useful if you could have a message along the lines of 'even though he is now eligible x has decided not to take a second nationality.' when this happens.

My 23 year old Brasilian winger (was averaging around 30-40 assists a season) took up the option to become English as well a few days after it was possible.

I think it also depends on their international chances with their country of birth, as this winger (Adilson Muniz - regen) wasn't getting a game for Brasil at the time, he took up English citizenship. I can only presume this is to make himself available for England, but just after taking that up, he got his first cap for Brasil.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think there is a bug in the game regarding this. If you look at the editor under the years to gain nationality tab the years to gain nationality in England is set to 0 whereas it should be 5 so I think this means that a player will never accept dual nationality. To test this theory of mine I changed this value to 5 like its supposed to be and started a new game and the majority of non-eu players that I signed accepted dual nationality a short time after the 5 years was up. Remember though that even if a player is eligible for dual nationality they may decide against it. I think it would be useful if you could have a message along the lines of 'even though he is now eligible x has decided not to take a second nationality.' when this happens.

0 means a default value, which is 5. If a league has player restrictions based on nationality (ie. no more than x foreign/non-EU players in the team), players who count against that limit will always take the second nationality, whereas players who don't count against a limit will never take up another nationality; it'll just say "considering citizenship" indefinitely, which is probably the source of all the confusion.

Archived