How to make the text easier to read for teams with similar colours like Man City

• SI Staff

I'm not sure changing the colours is the best thing here. I believe that the correct team colours in the game is a very important part of making the experience more authentic. I'm sure there are other things we can do to improve this than changing the team colours.

And if you think Man City is bad, try managing Marseille ;)

I'm not sure changing the colours is the best thing here. I believe that the correct team colours in the game is a very important part of making the experience more authentic. I'm sure there are other things we can do to improve this than changing the team colours.

That said, is it really wrong for the Man City text colour to be changed to navy, considering that is what colour is used for the number and sponsor on the real shirts?

Though changing the colour/not changing the colour is likely to bring about complaints which ever way you do it - Having the option to change kits user friendily in game would be a nice feature for the future...

Personally I find Dortmund the worst - Yellow text on a white background.

(Though if anyone does want to change the colours, it is possible in game See Here - though not very user friendly, unless you use something like FMM).

That said, is it really wrong for the Man City text colour to be changed to navy, considering that is what colour is used for the number and sponsor on the real shirts?

Though changing the colour/not changing the colour is likely to bring about complaints which ever way you do it - Having the option to change kits user friendily in game would be a nice feature for the future...

Personally I find Dortmund the worst - Yellow text on a white background.

(Though if anyone does want to change the colours, it is possible in game See Here - though not very user friendly, unless you use something like FMM).

Well actually if you look at the majority of out shirts they Are Sky blue base colour and just about every shirt that has been made has white sponsors on it.

It is WRONG as they are not City's colours niether would changing the colour of any other team be correct thing to do.

It would bring around complaints from most people that support those clubs. There colours are there colours and they shouldn't changed there are plenty of other ways that you could make the text stand out without changing the colours of the team.

Ter, I notice you've already got something like an outline for the numbers - was playing against Man City just the other day, and thinking much the same thing .. but the dots-on-pitch had little black outlines to the number.

Perhaps the same would work for the text?

Alternately, perhaps a subtle dark shadow, the way that the team name is done at the top?

Either of those would help the commentary a lot, for kits which have this problem.

Archived