The Lisbon Lions Challenge

The aim is to win the European Cup with a team consisting purely of academy raised or other scottish players. For this challenge the following database should be used:-

http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=18255 (click on download before the shaded screen comes up)

I made this a few weeks ago, and basically all the scottish clubs have had the fruits of their youth academies returned to them, and all the imports and transfers removed. Club reputations have also been adjusted to represent the calibre of player at the clubs.

The main sticking point is that only scottish players may be signed, other nationalities may play in your team as long as they were raised within your own academy.

Will you lead the free-flowing skillful Celtic to regain they're 40 year old crown?

Or will Ranger's with their murray park midfield masterclass lead the scottish charge?

Will the Hibees manage to hold on to and nurture the talent of their young prodigal squad, maybe you plan to build on the rock of the solid Hearts defence, or bring the New Firm back to the glory days?

The choice and challenge is yours, Good Luck!

Don’t have access to fm just now, but from memory these are the top players at each club:-

Rangers

Ferguson

Gattuso

Hutton

S Smith

Pressley

Robson

C Adam

C Burke

McGregor

Celtic

Mcgeady

Maloney

McManus

Kennedy

R Wallace

L Miller

Mulgrew

van zanten

Beattie

Marshall

Hibs

Riordan

K Miller

OConnor

S Fletcher

S Brown

Thomson

Stevenson

I Murray

K McCann

D Dodds

Hearts

Gordon

Naysmith

C Elliot

Berra

L Wallace

A Driver

Severin

G Locke

Jonnson

A Johnston

Neilson

G Weir

Kilmarnock

Boyd

Naismith

Motherwell

McFadden

Pearson

McCulloch

Hammell

Quinn

Aberdeen

Anderson

Diamond

McNaughton

Dundee United

M Wilson

C Dailly

All the teams have got loads more decent players, but sadly my memory isn’t photographic. :)

A challenge similar to this was actually one of the most popular ever to be done in the FMS forum, although it wasn't identical - obviously it was required to write a story with the challenge and it started with just whatever the standard database is and anyone doing the challenge had to weed out foreign players from their squad and bring in Scottish entirely themselves. As a generic idea it is the one that appeals most to me, but not in FM08 where I've found regens, especially from my own club, to be of appalling quality. For FMS I did it in CM03/04 where it was great fun. Good luck with it though!

Archived