Ability to Import/Export Created Team/Players

Hi. I have a suggestion for FM 09 Data Editor. Basically, I have been playing since Cm99/00 and I am an editor. I like to add my own team and youth players, and also add some other teams.

The problem is, everytime we are editing a whole database and if one thing is screwed up anywhere in the DB it has to be done all over again. The DB now is much more picky then in 01/02 for example and its really killing the ability for myself to enjoy my experience in the game because of it.

The suggestion is really simple, just like an EDT or DDT file can we export the details of an entire team (Colors, Name, location... funds... ) and their full roster, so that we can create just a team and its players, once, and be able to import it into any data updates we get in the future.

Personally, when I make a game I add some 1000 players into the DB, and honestly, It's not something I want to do twice if there is a DB update released the next day, it would be really nice to have an import/export feature that is inclusive of a club and all of its players being able to be transferred between DB's

1st of all, nice to see another Bristol City fan on here :D

Secondly, to your idea, I like it, I like the thought of being able to do what you suggest, would make life a lot easier for editing pieces as we see fit, like yourself, I will sometimes muck about with a database a lot before playing and this takes a lot more time and effort than I think it should, and like you say, when an update happens, it all has be done again, if it is possible to do this, I am all for it

1st of all, nice to see another Bristol City fan on here :D

Secondly, to your idea, I like it, I like the thought of being able to do what you suggest, would make life a lot easier for editing pieces as we see fit, like yourself, I will sometimes muck about with a database a lot before playing and this takes a lot more time and effort than I think it should, and like you say, when an update happens, it all has be done again, if it is possible to do this, I am all for it

EXACTLY!

Even to be able to export a team we've created in 08 and import it into 09, would just save so much hassle and allow a lot more actual game play. Sometimes I spend more time editing then playing, because something has gone wrong and after a whole day of editing, the game only runs through December before crashing :(

It would be nice to be able to export/import piecewise to avoid this. Its a really (simple) Idea that would make such a huge difference to editors, also it could create an entire new community in the game as people will be able to share their teams and great players with their friends or here on the forums.

it could create an entire new community in the game as people will be able to share their teams and great players with their friends or here on the forums.

That is a great idea, me and my mates talk a lot about teams we have and so forth, would be great if we could actually stick them in our game and give them a go ourselves, have tried this by doing it longhand (seems the right word to put here) as the editor allows now, but always seem to mess something up and have to go back to it, would make life lots easier if we could just nip round a mates or download a team off someone and have a crack at emulating their success

Yup exactly, would make things so much easier for those of us that like to get creative with our teams as well as those who just want to share or even in the FM Challenges, instead of having to try to get everyone aligned right, people could download and import the challenge team so everyone is starting from the same place.

• 2 weeks later...
I like the sound of it for the editor, but not for the main game.

Maybe they could just have it export the name of player and stats etc, without any id code, so it dont conflict with future fm database changes when you import it

Yes, this is the idea.

When you import something that you have saved from another DB, the ID Code is not transferred, so importing will have the same "function" as Create Team, Create Staff/Player does now.

The main difference will be, instead of having a blank player or team, all the data fields will already be filled in. This is a MASSIVE difference if you add 10+ teams to the DB in your game, because manually adding these teams would be a savings of around 500,000 keystrokes.

Just think about it. Thats a lot of keystrokes... TIME, saved for having the ability to import such a small amount of data from another DB.

• 7 months later...

I came on here to suggest this, and a search found that I've already suggested it before.

I simply cannot comprehend how something like this is not already part of the editor, especially considering how freaking easy it is to corrupt a database accidentally.

Just a simple text file that contains all the details of a team or player that you can export from one DB, import into another. You could share your custom teams/players with friends, or import your custom teams into updated db files without having to manually re-enter them every time.

Two clicks. Export. Import.

The result would be absolutely monumental in ease of use.

Archived