FM 09 Realistic Managers

Let's hope in FM 09 that the game managers are more interactive as in real life.

-Say they want a player they really go out an persue that player with repeated bids and media interations

-There should be tension with the board (eg. Benitez)

-When a manager leaves his players who really liked him should be in a bad mood and may even request a transfer and also players may join their ex manager at a worse off club due to their past relationship

- Sucessful managers should be persued by other clubs and no just some ramdom manager who no one has heard off.

- Assistant managers should be trying to apply for managerial positions

- Some managers who are rated highly in development of youth should be able to have a better chance of creating stars

- Managers should always play with their own strategy and when they arrive at a club, also they may not rate a player so highly and not play him at all (at the moment nearly all staff think the same thing of players when in real life this is certainly not the case and it should happen that some players play better under certain kind of managers)

- Managers should leave clubs if he is ambitious and the club shows no ambition

- Managers who have a high "negotiating" rating should be able to make stars stay or sign better players than their team level

Just a few ideas i'm sure everyone has more and agrees that this part of the game is pretty much the title "Football Manager" so surely the manager aspect and personality should play a huge role in the game

agree with most of this really... ass.men alraedy DO apply for managerial posts though, often see messages saying "team x has promoted joe bloggs from his post as assistant to give as much continuity at the club as possible" or summat like that anways...

not sure about players requesting a transfer just ebcause the manager has left though, i cant see that happening irl... if the manager then tries to buy them for his new club, then he might be more successful in the bid, but thats about it...

Let's hope in FM 09 that the game managers are more interactive as in real life.

-Say they want a player they really go out an persue that player with repeated bids and media interations

Already happens. Not only that, but like Liverpool, they also laugh at what I ask. .Only to bid again the next week.

-There should be tension with the board (eg. Benitez)

This i approve of. It can happen to a small degree, but it'd be nice if real clashes could develop.

-When a manager leaves his players who really liked him should be in a bad mood and may even request a transfer and also players may join their ex manager at a worse off club due to their past relationship

Already happens to a small degree, but yeah it'd be nice if your favourites were a little more upset at you going, and were a little happier moving with you. For instance, when I left a big club for a relegation threatened team, 4 of my staff left with me, hoping they could carry on working with me... Only to reject my new club as they weren't good enough. Stay at the big club or follow me damnit! I had even groomed my assistant to take my job, to make it easier to poach some young players. Instead someone who hated me got it. :(

- Sucessful managers should be persued by other clubs and no just some ramdom manager who no one has heard off.

Already happens.

- Assistant managers should be trying to apply for managerial positions

Already happens.

- Some managers who are rated highly in development of youth should be able to have a better chance of creating stars

Wouldn't make sense. These guys are good at getting the best out of youth and spotting the good ones. It won't mean there will naturally be better kids coming through at their club... Just that the kids will do more / better ones will be brought in.

- Managers should always play with their own strategy and when they arrive at a club, also they may not rate a player so highly and not play him at all (at the moment nearly all staff think the same thing of players when in real life this is certainly not the case and it should happen that some players play better under certain kind of managers)

Happens to a degree, but yeah, could be increased.

- Managers should leave clubs if he is ambitious and the club shows no ambition

I think this one already happens?

- Managers who have a high "negotiating" rating should be able to make stars stay or sign better players than their team level

Not sure how you think this could work, and how realistic it is?

• 8 months later...
Is there any where that we can play the game continuing as the real manager? As in I just 'become' Benitez in managing Liverpool instead of starting as somebody unknown?

No there is no way of doing this.

Is there any where that we can play the game continuing as the real manager? As in I just 'become' Benitez in managing Liverpool instead of starting as somebody unknown?

1. Make a note of all Benitez's details in the pre-game editor.

2. Fire up a new game and make yourself Liverpool manager (with mugshot of Benitez).

3. Use FMRTE to change your name to Benitez and alter all the details to his.

Not perfect, but closeish.

Archived