The anticipation for FM09 builds

Firstly, out of interest, are SI keeping quieter then normal about this years release? Nobody really has any clue about anything on the next game. Been reading the thread about the 3d match engine. Maybe they've added a brand new 3D match engine, who knows? That would surprise people wouldent it. I doubt they've added THAT but whos knows?

Anyway any guesses about the new additions?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the easy going, patient version.

Gotta admit, that made me chuckle

However my original point stands, there are a fair few similar threads about mate, Mike's poll is about somewhere, a lot of people have posted their ideas in there IIRC

Of course SI will postpone the release of FM09 this year because:

1. FMLive will be released soon;

2. SI wants every FM series fan who doesnt like the idea of online gaming to get impatient waiting for FM09;

3. These people will then buy FMlive because they need something to play with;

4. After they realise how crap FMlive is after a few months of play, they will want FM09 more desperately and SI will release FM09 then.

2. SI wants every FM series fan who doesnt like the idea of online gaming to get impatient waiting for FM09;

4. After they realise how crap FMlive is after a few months of play, they will want FM09 more desperately and SI will release FM09 then.

Never a truer word said....I have this sinking feeling that FM09 wont be out until after the january transfer windows closes and i really hope SI prove me wrong on that.

I love how the original 'grit' of this thread (i.e. ostensibly someguy reaching out and saying "Ooh, I'm all excited, don't keep me waiting") has so rapidly turned into a 'pearl' of anxiety and hand-wringing and disgruntlement with SI!

I imagine there'll be an announcement in the next couple of weeks, a completed game indecently soon (say, end of October), and a data update/patch some time in February.

Never a truer word said....I have this sinking feeling that FM09 wont be out until after the january transfer windows closes and i really hope SI prove me wrong on that.

I think if they were going for the money, they would do that. However i think they'd loose a lots of fans who just want the newly updated game at the start of the season.

I think if they were going for the money, they would do that. However i think they'd lose a lots of fans who just want the newly updated game at the start of the season.

They are a business, their primary objective in life is money as is the case for every business.

They are a business, their primary objective in life is money as is the case for every business.

The question is though: Will they make more money through holding back the release of FM Live.

I can't say i know alot about FM live, but from what i've picked up, you have to pay for it online. Say they do hold the release of FM back though, they might make some short term money through more people using FM live, but they'd lose some FM09 customers who would move to Fifa or Championship manager.

I don't know which would make them the most money though.

tbh i dont think theyll do that. anything they make on fmlive (which i'll bet is a fair bit) is already a net gain, seeing as its the first year its been released. i dont see itll detract from fm09 in any way at all. its a different game, and i dont think itll affect the number of people that buy fm09

Also, if they were planning to release FM09 in January, surely they wouldn't have been working on it for very long. There would be no point starting work whenever they normally do if they are going to delay the launch by a few months, they might as well start a few months later, meaning the game wouldn't be finished by now. And some of the SI staff, can't remember which ones, have said they are pleased with the game, so presumably it must be finished.

Dont get me wrong, i want FM09 to come out as soon as, i have played the beta of FML and IMHO i dont find it that good, but thats due to my lack of football knowledge and tactical awareness....And my original point is me hoping and praying that SI dont hold back til january.

This is all specualation until an official statement from SI.

• SI Staff

Whilst point 1 in your post is correct, the rest is utter, utter, rubbish.

So by this time next week , hopefully we will be wetting ourselves with the excitement of what FM09 has ins tore for us all .

Keep up the good work Miles :thup:

also dont forget the obligatory and "what about this" and "why is there no comment on x" that always come with a new release.

i'm just glad i have come back to the series in time to get to know the game (FM07 for me) again before a new release. There is little more frustrating than coming back to a series that you used to know well, buy the new game and find you cant get everything running like clockwork again.

Conspiracy theories abound in this thread! :D

i heard that when you win the Champoins League, Premiership, Community Shield, FA Cup, World Club Cup and Super Cup in one season with Brentford, Dolly Parton does a topless rendition of "we are the champions" accompanied by 57 dancing dwarfs. :thup:

Miles confirming that there will be some info in late August is the type of news this thread was created for. I don't know if everyone else knew that but I didn't. One question to the Si team, Is the new game going to be super mega wicked cool awesome? I know they don't want to give too much away but...

Miles confirming that there will be some info in late August is the type of news this thread was created for. I don't know if everyone else knew that but I didn't. One question to the Si team, Is the new game going to be super mega wicked cool awesome? I know they don't want to give too much away but...

if it was that type of news you were looking for, theres LOADS of other threads where SI have stated, VERY clearly there will be news in the "late summer"

if it was that type of news you were looking for, theres LOADS of other threads where SI have stated, VERY clearly there will be news in the "late summer"

Sure, but "late summer" is a bit vague. Late August, as in next week,.....you can't argue with that.

I hope and would guess that one of the new features will be a complete overhaul of the player, manager, fans, board interaction. Hopefully it won't just be a few more lines of text but more of an "organic", smoother, more intimate way of communication.

i honestly think the new major feature will be an upgraded match engine

like some sort of low spec 3d engine

if cm and lma can do it

why not fm

the reason i think it will be this is because

one of the moderators just seemed so confident

in the thread ''fm09 will be....'' when someone stated that the game will be crap basically

he reopened the thread in confidence that the original poster will be proved wrong

that kind of confidence means something big is about to happen

if cm and lma can do it

why not fm

maybe because the bigger market share is already with FM and so they dont need to grasp at crappy straws to get sales? they know the game will sell because it is FM.

maybe because the bigger market share is already with FM and so they dont need to grasp at crappy straws to get sales? they know the game will sell because it is FM.

Its the best on the market by a long way, true. This doesn't mean that they will be arrogant enough to think that the name will sell even if the content isn't great or they don't keep moving forward and improving.

if cm and lma can do it

why not fm

I looked at the video of the CM 3D match engine. It looked like a heap of rubbish. players all looked the same, ball moved either like a balloon covered in glue or a lorry wheel covered in glue - to my mind it would be a step backwards.

Its the best on the market by a long way, true. This doesn't mean that they will be arrogant enough to think that the name will sell even if the content isn't great or they don't keep moving forward and improving.

thats not what i said though. they will add in what they feel will actually improve the game instead of CM adding in what will draw in the people who just want pretty.

Archived