English league Managment.

i usualy always play as my favourd team. the reds of anfield of course and ive had varying success over the years of FM ive been playing. very loyal to the series ive watched it evolve and now im wondering....what have i been missing.

i ave tried a game as manager of reading but that didnt work out as i got bored, so my question is this.

is there any chance that i would enjoy starting with a team in the lowest english league fighting relegation and trying to bring them the success ive had with liverpool? and if i would what way should i go about it? on my liverpool save im in 2013 and domination europe and the domestic leagues.

the 2 ways in which i could do it are;

1. resign at liverpool and leave them with the team i have built hoping they get a manager as successfull as i was.

2. start a new game purely for the sake of taking a team fighting against relegation of the lowest english league.

i couldnt stand it if resigned and let another manager come in and ruin all the hard work i done to get liverpool to where they are.

and what is the lowest league in english league football? Blue square?

any reccomendations for teams who would provide the best thrill to get them dominating europe with?

Thanks for your time and hope to read plenty of replys

~~Stevie G~~

Teams who provide the best thrill to get them dominating in Europe are, for me, simply the lowest ones playable, so the BSN/S teams, any one of them will do really, if you want more info probs take a look in the LLM forum? Think they will give you more insight tbh

well i looked at that but they said something about no names or hints in the rules bit so i thought it would be better of asking in GD to be safe.

and i didnt mean just t conquer europe. i mean a team fighting relegation in the BSN/S get them promoted and hopefully win the champions league and stuff with the promoted team i did myself.

well tbh ive never actually tried LLM before so i thought it might be a good challenge. bring a team relegation threatend in BsN? to europeon champions and best club in the world. over a few seasons of course :D i would probably find it hard not to scout all the names im used to and get the funny news message

"[manager name] living in a dream world"

i loved that before :D just imagine dag and red scouting messi :D

well i looked at that but they said something about no names or hints in the rules bit so i thought it would be better of asking in GD to be safe.

Ah right, didn't realise that

Off the top of my head, I can't think of one team to tell you to be, it's all about personal preference when it comes to the lower leagues, for me anyway, cuz I know so little about the teams and players, so I tend to just choose one with a kit colour I've never played with before or an interesting name, as far as my experience goes in the lower leagues, the team itself makes little difference, it's how you manage it that really propels it up the leagues, like Mr. Sandman said, loans off parent clubs are a good way to get started

ah ok thanks for the replys. ill head over to the LLM forum and ask for the lowest possible league to start at and the teams fighting relegation there. ill then decide who i will be :D

You could try dafuge's challenge. Take a team previously unplayable in the English leagues and lead them to Champions League glory. You holiday for a season and then at the end see what teams come up into the blue square north/south.

@ jod123-ill take a look at the challenge now. this may be best started on my laptop.

@ Legion22- i dont think i would be able to put much attention into the Lower league team if i done that. as im a liverpool supporter i would favour them and most probably neglect the other team and manager. so i think starting a new game would be the best move

thanks for the reply's

ah ok thanks for the replys. ill head over to the LLM forum and ask for the lowest possible league to start at and the teams fighting relegation there. ill then decide who i will be :D

If your PC can manage it Conference National/North/South, Scottish D3, Irish D2?

they will tell you to ask frank

they might moan about you asking, depends on how much friendlier they have got with the new ethos they are trying to foster.

Stevie, I would really recommend the Dafuge Challenge mate.

I've done it several times, with varying success (sometimes world beater, sometimes barely pub team beater :D ) but I've enjoyed every game.

At that level, you tend to develop a greater affinity with both the club itself, and certain players, than you would with an already established team.

Plus, with only English leagues running, you get through the season really quickly.

yeah dafuge's challenge is a really good way to get into it, if you dont mind the holidaying for a year at the start! i got right into it, and i still have the save goin with my team up into league one!! personally, i'd start afresh and not continue on your liverpool save, as you'll be too bothered about what theyre doin, and not paying as much attn to your llm.. or the other way around...

i usualy always play as my favourd team. the reds of anfield of course and ive had varying success over the years of FM ive been playing. very loyal to the series ive watched it evolve and now im wondering....what have i been missing.

i ave tried a game as manager of reading but that didnt work out as i got bored, so my question is this.

is there any chance that i would enjoy starting with a team in the lowest english league fighting relegation and trying to bring them the success ive had with liverpool? and if i would what way should i go about it? on my liverpool save im in 2013 and domination europe and the domestic leagues.

the 2 ways in which i could do it are;

1. resign at liverpool and leave them with the team i have built hoping they get a manager as successfull as i was.

2. start a new game purely for the sake of taking a team fighting against relegation of the lowest english league.

i couldnt stand it if resigned and let another manager come in and ruin all the hard work i done to get liverpool to where they are.

and what is the lowest league in english league football? Blue square?

any reccomendations for teams who would provide the best thrill to get them dominating europe with?

Thanks for your time and hope to read plenty of replys

~~Stevie G~~

I would assume that as a Liverpool fan, you're based in the Liverpool area? Why not try someone like Vauxhall Motors - they're bottom end of the BSN and with a bit of wheeling and dealing, you can pick up youth players from Everton, Liverpool and Tranmere who can do the job for you.

lol no im from london. and last night i loaded up the database to start a new game and had a look at the teams there. i then saw a team and rememerd a certain match against a team i saw there. havant and waterlooville. ive decided to give them a try and bring them to the champions league title. thanks to everyone who replied and i will maybe one day try dafuge's challenge it sounds like it could be fun. if the H&W game doesnt work out for any reason ill give it a try.

~~Stevie G~~

Stevie G im a liverpool fan as well but i manage barnet in football manager 2006 they were the worst team in the league when i started into my 3rd season i have made strong progress winning the ldv thing twice and getting promoted. Doing well with a underdog like that is good fun, i doubt it would feel the same for me if i beat derby county in the league with Liverpool for instance. If you pick a big team its like having a massive head start against the computer only a few other teams can beat you regualry ie man u, arsenal, chelsea etc. If you start lower down you get a better challenge.

Archived