Improving Foot Ability Possible ?

Are the foot capabilities of players from birth and definitely constant throughout their whole career ?

It would be lovely to see some young gun who is right-footed from the start to have a "reasonable" level of left foot touch later on.

Is it possible? If so, how? All by himself or does training help (and if so what kind of training)?

Thanks in advance.

All youngsters develop their weaker foot regardless as CA increases. There may be other attributes involved like professionalism etc. or variables like position with respect to by how much.

I might have a look in more detail at some point and post back here.

Haven't done it in a while but generally retraining + playing a player on the side opposite to their strong foot (a player who is still developing) appears to improve it more than the generic improvement.

Haven't done it in a while but generally retraining + playing a player on the side opposite to their strong foot (a player who is still developing) appears to improve it more than the generic improvement.

I remember doing this to a bit older (23-24-year-old) player and got no positive results. I guess his age was the reason, eh ?

And does this method almost surely improve foot ability for a young gun ?

Archived