testimonials?

i would like to see the option to offer long serving members of a club testimonials. it would be good to reward loyal members of a club, as happens IRL.

it would not just be a cosmetic feature either; it could strenghten your relationship between you and your players at the club (or maybe even cause jealousy) and could also prove to be a valuable money spinner.

it could also be a way to improve morale.

thoughts?

it should only be used when a player is near retirement or retired because i may be wrong but dont know anyone who has had one and is still playing

Yeah, I think that is true. Players usually only get them if they are at least spent 10 years playing for the same club. Silvestre would probably have got one for Man United if he had stayed. He spent 9 years at Man United.

at the same token, why is it that as a premier league club (i am currently portsmouth manager in my 07 game) the board will let me arrange a random friendly in the middle of the season against a side like bognor regis?

what i am getting at is if you want to play a 1st XI friendly in the middle of the season it should be approved by the board.

(p.s. the reason i played the friendly because it is a great way to improve morale. i won 13-0, and every single player that started the game got a 10.)

on a similar note, there should be Emirates Cup, Amsterdam & Rotterdam Tournaments (and the annual asian tournament, whatever its called) in the game. the dutch tournaments have been around for years. being invited to one of these would be :cool:.

they don't have to be called the rotterdam tournament etc, but high profile ai teams organize or participate in 4 team tournaments every year irl. i know we can host these ourselves, but they should be created by ai teams as well, and invites sent.

i also agree with Scotty Walds.

on a similar note, there should be Emirates Cup, Amsterdam & Rotterdam Tournaments (and the annual asian tournament, whatever its called) in the game. the dutch tournaments have been around for years. being invited to one of these would be :cool:.

they don't have to be called the rotterdam tournament etc, but high profile ai teams organize or participate in 4 team tournaments every year irl. i know we can host these ourselves, but they should be created by ai teams as well, and invites sent.

i also agree with Scotty Walds.

I think some of these are in the game. The Amsterdam tournament definitely is although it is just called 'Friendly Cup'.

Archived