Unfairly lousy talent in Swedish leagues?

I was looking through the editor and saw that in the swedish leagues there is very few big swedish talents. There are only three swedish players in the whole swedish league system with a PA of 160 or over. One of these are Henrik Larsson, former Celtic, Barcelona and Man U player, age 36. The other two are youngsters with CA of 63 and 85. Shouldn't there be a lot more players with higher PA? Even if you go down to PA of 150 and over, there are only a few players, most of them being older players returning home. The currently best swedish players in the swedish leagues have a ca/pa of about 125/135. Will none of them really become descent international players? I doubt that.

I know that the Swedish league is'nt exactly the best in the world, but the Swedish national team is descent and have qualified for 5 straight big tournaments (EC and WC). The Swedish leagues have also generated some good players, like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Henrik Larsson, Johan Elmander, Freddie Ljungberg, Olof Mellberg, Kim Källström, etc...

It's sad to see that the biggest talents in the highest league of Sweden will never be better than players like for example Phil Jagielka and Kevin Davies. (No offence to these players, just happened to fit with their ca/pa)

Am i wrong or should the smaller leagues in descent football nations generate some better players? If not, how are their national teams going to perform in the future?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, kinda new to this.

I know what you mean. I'm managing in Bulgaria right now (I know, not as good as Sweden) and in 2014, there's still not a single youngster to come out that has a PA over 150. Now, I know most Bulgarian players are **** but for this many years, there's got to be a couple of good solid players that are to come out. It just doesn't make sense and the National team looks weaker than ever.

• SI Staff

It is indeed the wrong place. The correct place would be raising this in the Data Issues section. There is probably a thread there already regarding Swedish issues :)

I suppose it's another overcorrection of 07, where there are too many in this type of country (sweden, bulgaria, lithuania, etc...)

This type of country? Thanks for comparing Sweden to Lithuania as football nations... hehe ;)

That hurts my Ibrahimovic heart.

Archived