Weakest CL group ever?

I've been very lucky - I'm taking recreativo on their first journey into the Champions League, and I'm a little surprised by how fortunate a draw I got, despite being only a third seed.

Group D:

Club Brugge

Sporting CP

Recreativo

Lens

It should be a lot easier than my qualifier against Juve, which was a real nailbiter. At half time in the second leg I looked down and out, before Buades came up with a deflected free kick and Ruman got on the end of a wonderful move to tap from 2 yards.

Going to die in the first knockout round, though.

How are Club Brugge top seeds after only two season of game time? How have they done in Europe in the previous two seasons?

Terribly, must be a bug. They got knocked out of the intertoto twice - both times by NK Inter Zaprešić, oddly enough. They still have just a tiny bit more coefficient than me, but less than some of the fourth seeds. Very silly.

I've been very lucky - I'm taking recreativo on their first journey into the Champions League, and I'm a little surprised by how fortunate a draw I got, despite being only a third seed.

Group D:

Club Brugge

Sporting CP

Recreativo

Lens

It should be a lot easier than my qualifier against Juve, which was a real nailbiter. At half time in the second leg I looked down and out, before Buades came up with a deflected free kick and Ruman got on the end of a wonderful move to tap from 2 yards.

Going to die in the first knockout round, though.

Sporting CP isnt weak you know

The rest there however is crap.

Must be a bug, even though I am not sure how seeding works, I doubt Real + Arsenal would be drawn in the same group. Cause they want the lower seeded teams to go out first right? not the big giants who bring in more tv money

The seedings change ingame (and reality) based on the coefficients.

Real are second seeds due to a horrible season last year where they came 4th in the league and went out of the CL at the quarter finals. They haven't had any silverware since the start of the game. Capello isn't doing the business for them at all - the sooner they get him out and Mancini in, the better.

They've still thrashed me everytime I've played them (apart from once where it was the other way round) - I just can't defend against Robinho.

The second season with Atletico Madrid, I was seeded 4th and my group was (I think):

Manchester United

Lyon

Shakhtar

Atletico

That wasn't too fun, but I guess it could have been worse.

Atletico are seeded fourth in my game as well, despite finishing second in the league and having the most dangerous attack of any club in the world bar Milan (who are destroying everyone). They should definitely be seeded above me.

im guessing he is sporting cp making the group a weak group? correct me if im wrong tho

"I've been very lucky - I'm taking RECREATIVO on their first journey into the Champions League, and I'm a little surprised by how fortunate a draw I got, despite being only a third seed."

Atletico are seeded fourth in my game as well, despite finishing second in the league and having the most dangerous attack of any club in the world bar Milan (who are destroying everyone). They should definitely be seeded above me.

Do you have a screenshot of the UEFA Club Coefficients?

Teams in the 2nd qualification round take the coefficients from their opponents to the 3rd round because both rounds are drawn at the same time.

Yeah, that's right. Isn't it done for the 1st qualification round/2nd qualification round as well?

100% that it was brugge as the first seed, I was thinking to myself as I saw the draw 'hah, hope I get whichever group Brugge go in, didn't expect it to actually happen of course. They beat inter in 3rd Qual rd, by the way. Maybe an error in carrying the coefficient through when it shouldn't've been.

Archived