Idea to impove transfers

I have read a few threads with concerns about the realism of the transfer system and the need for improvement in 09.

Some people have suggested that it is not always a managers job to make transfers, they just identify who they would like to sign.

This is certainly the case with my football team Cardiff city where the chairmen Ridsale sorts out all transfer negotiations.

There has been a lot of negativity by fans toward the chairmen and not the manager when we do not always get our transfer targets.

As an aside, In relation to this some fan negativity toward the board and not the manager would be nice.

To my idea,

I think that as a manager you should be able to give a list of potential signings to the chairmen/director of football along with your valuation of the player, they should then deal with the transfer negotiations, which should include sell on fees and future payments.

The chairmen should be allowed to decline to sign certain players (example Liverpool chairmen and Benitez over Barry)

Then when a transfer fees is negotiated the manager should be made aware of the price. At this stage the manager can suggest to continue and speak to the player or pull out of the deal. At this stage giving a suggested wage salary to the chairmen/director.

Finally the wage is negotiated and the manager is made aware of the wage and can accept or pull out of the deal.

To add to the realism, the player or selling club should be aloud to pull out of the deal at any point, or the player/agent or club could demand more money at the last minute. There could also be an opportunity for the buying club to ask for price to be brought down

(example Johnsons move to fulham fee was changed at the last moment)

I know some people will disagree with the idea because they would like to deal with transfers themselves and it could take the fun out of the game for them

However to make the game more realistic I believe this is a necessity.

I hope you can follow what I have said, what do you think?

"However to make the game more realistic I believe this is a necessity."

Hmmmm... if it's an option when starting a new game I wouldn't mind, but I would be willing to sacrifice some realism in order to controll the transfer process myself.

"However to make the game more realistic I believe this is a necessity."

Hmmmm... if it's an option when starting a new game I wouldn't mind, but I would be willing to sacrifice some realism in order to controll the transfer process myself.

I agree with Bodis here.

It probably would add more realism to the game but i think it would arguably make it less fun (certainly would for me). I find the transfer dealings the most fun part of the game, so much so i have on occasion taken on Director of Football games. I know i am not the only one to have done this either.

People complain about the chairman selling their players (including myself) I dont think anyone would enjoy this concept.

*FM09 new feature, you cant control transfers, Yay! *cough*

Nice thought but its still a game and people play them for enjoyment, not to influence them to go kill the chairman of the team they support.

i dont see how this improves it or makes it more realistic.

if the board negotiate transfers then they dont go back to the manager and ask what he thinks they should pay the player.

if we go that way then the manager makes his recommendation of players and then ost of the negotiations happen with the board, including price to pay and wages.

i think that would take away from teh game but as a toggable extra it could work.

The chairmen should be allowed to decline to sign certain players (example Liverpool chairmen and Benitez over Barry)

I agree with this. I am currently playing as Liverpool and bought Barry unfortunately or probably stupidly on my part I paid a whopping 28million and no-one at any level at the club complained or tried to stop the transfer. I think the transfer fees ask for in the game, especially for British based players, is far to excessive and needs tweaked considerably for FM2009.

Archived