Fielding Ineligble Players

I'm not necessarily sure if I would like to see this implemented but I was thinking today, surely it is the manager's responsibility in real life to ensure that his players are eligible for a match. Likewise should it be so on FM?

Name a cup-tied player and pick him? Too bad, get kicked out of the cup. It's your responsibility to check that little grey box, FM shouldn't prompt you before a match.

Welcome or unwelcome? Going too far realism wise?

I don't think I'd like it as I can see it being annoying on many occasions, but hey, it'd be real... I know some folks clamour for realism.

I'm not necessarily sure if I would like to see this implemented but I was thinking today, surely it is the manager's responsibility in real life to ensure that his players are eligible for a match. Likewise should it be so on FM?

Name a cup-tied player and pick him? Too bad, get kicked out of the cup. It's your responsibility to check that little grey box, FM shouldn't prompt you before a match.

Welcome or unwelcome? Going too far realism wise?

I don't think I'd like it as I can see it being annoying on many occasions, but hey, it'd be real... I know some folks clamour for realism.

I'd like to see this... If you auto picked the team, the ass man would know they were inelligable, but you you manually bring them in, then it would be your own fault.

I'd still keep the Ine on them, just so that it was possible for most people to see what they were doing...

It's an interesting one. In a big match between big teams, you'd probably struggle to get an ineligible player onto the pitch. Someone somewhere along the line would realise and warn you.

But it does happen quite a lot at lower levels.

Do I want it in FM? Not really.

NO WAY, THANKS! No offence but I can imagine it now, release day and the forums get 100's of topic saying 'wahh, my plays are ineligable an no1 told me, why do i get kicked out ov evryting, wtf, this aint a game, i want me money bak, sue si, this is **** wtf wtf wtf!!!!!!!!!' NO THANKS.

Archived