Pay as you play or Month to Month contracts

are these contracts available within the game, the only way that i know the month to month contract is avaiable is when a contract of a player expires. this would be a great benefit to my small clubb if i could offer smaller lengthed contracts. thanks.

I don't think you can offer a month to month/rolling contract, but on occasion I have let a players contract expire and he has stayed at the club on a rolling contract with no definate time of ending. The problem is he can leave when he likes, but you can get rid of him whenever he likes as well.

are these contracts available within the game, the only way that i know the month to month contract is avaiable is when a contract of a player expires. this would be a great benefit to my small clubb if i could offer smaller lengthed contracts. thanks.

You're right, they should be in the game and this annoys me as well.

They were in CM01/02, haven't been seen since :(

IRL There is yes, I think Steve Guppy did it at Wycombe and there have been others that have done it too i think!

Ian Baraclough is on a pay as you play type contract.

Couple of links.

http://www.scunthorpe-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10442~8561,00.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04062008/1/baraclough-reveals-deal-dilemma.html

This would be good for FM09. It would give the lower division clubs a chance to take on older players without having to accept their request for a 2yr contract, thus making it easier to use them as cover for a few months or until the performances or statistics decline. Could be a money saver aswell if you only need cover until the january or summer transfer window.

Archived