EU Citizenship

So, I understand the basic workings of the English FA's work permit system. But my question is this: are there EU member countries that will grant my player citizenship faster than others? I hear Belgium thrown around frequently as a place to send non-continentals, but is this because they grant citizenship faster or just because they don't have limits on non-EU players like in Spain? If it varies, is there a list anywhere that contains each EU country and time it takes to gain citizenship playing in that country? Thanks in advance for the help.

So, I understand the basic workings of the English FA's work permit system. But my question is this: are there EU member countries that will grant my player citizenship faster than others? I hear Belgium thrown around frequently as a place to send non-continentals, but is this because they grant citizenship faster or just because they don't have limits on non-EU players like in Spain? If it varies, is there a list anywhere that contains each EU country and time it takes to gain citizenship playing in that country? Thanks in advance for the help.

If your player is from a spansih speaking country, and you have a spanish feeder club, it only takes two years.

You mean you are managing in Italy?

Your only allowed to sign one non EU player from outside of Italy per season.

No. Say I want to manage an English club and establish my link with a feeder in Italy. How long would it take non-EU players to gain their citizenship playing in Italy? And would the loan signing count against the 'one foreigner per window' for the Italian club?

Bulgaria is another 3 year country. The work permits are all to do with the amount of time in that individual country, I have had players who have been granted permits after offering them new contracts after only a year on loan to a WP team. This is very unusual from my experience though

belgum 3 years i think thats the fastest.

If your from a Spanish speaking South American nation then Spain is quicker because the wait is only 2 years. This rule also applies to some other Spanish speaking nations but I cant remember who they are.

• 2 years later...

Archived