Quickest Red Card?

Yesterday with my Newcastle United, Santa Cruz came on as a 67th Minute sub, only to be sent off in the same minute.

He basically walked on the pitch, threw a punch and walked off. It's hard to tell exactly how long (in seconds).

A record?

Anyone else match it?

It's not a quick sending off or anything, but it's similar to your situation and quite a funny story; yesterday, it was like the 70th minute and I'd secured a victory (as Liverpool vs Blackburn). I subbed off Torres for Balotelli who literally jogged onto the pitch into position, and got headbutted by Samba, who was sent off. I was laughing till the end of the match, am just wondering what the hell the wonderkid could've done to deserve that.

Yesterday with my Newcastle United, Santa Cruz came on as a 67th Minute sub, only to be sent off in the same minute.

He basically walked on the pitch, threw a punch and walked off. It's hard to tell exactly how long (in seconds).

That is gold.

Someone must of said something while he was on the bench, and he only had revenge in his mind...walking onto the field, flooring the guy that gave him verbal and walking back down the tunnel.

Would be a inspired sub...for the opposition.

arrrrr i see...woodgate.....theres your problem wonderblue. very punchable.

and can i add, i have seen for as long as ive watched football in the premiership, one player actually punch another. in the conference mind.......

I know it's a little off-topic but my dads mate got sent off once in a Sunday league game after a few seconds, he was stood next to the ref when he blew the whistle to start the game, swore really loudly at the ref cuz it hurt his ears and got sent off

Just thought I would pop in and mention that :)

haha I'll bet he wasn't happy, if that happened to me I wouldn't be just swearing at the ref :p

Aye he weren't best pleased, but then the Mirror phoned him up and paid him to appear in the paper cuz he had broke the record for fastest sending off or something, so he was a bit happier then lol

EDIT: http://www.mineheadfc.co.uk/4728.html <--go there and scroll to the bottom if you can be bothered, his names Lee Todd, only just found out that Minehead FC (my home town team) has a website lol

Archived