Stadium

My stadium expansion capacity is only 10000, and I have just been premoted to league 1 and I want to keep going up and I will want a larger stadium, I'm aware there are issues with money and how much it usually costs for a new 30000ish seater stadium, thanks :)

p.s Sorry if its in wrong place, I thought this was best for general discussion.

My stadium expansion capacity is only 10000, and I have just been premoted to league 1 and I want to keep going up and I will want a larger stadium, I'm aware there are issues with money and how much it usually costs for a new 30000ish seater stadium, thanks :)

p.s Sorry if its in wrong place, I thought this was best for general discussion.

its all generally up to the board, they will let you know when they have allocated funds towards stadium expansion/relocation. but if you do keep growing as a club and getting promoted, thus expanding the fanbase AND gaining funds, you are sure to recieve news of an improved stadium

I find as mentioned by Moaner that this sort of decision is completely up to the board. If you start requesting to upgrade they usually just say the stadium is perfectly fine and not enough funds are available. Alot of success and keeping a tight rain of your bank account should help your chances for and upgraded stadium.

I don't know how much cash flows play in stadium expansion. I think it's more based on the teams success. In 2011 with Man Utd. i have won every competition i've entered and without asking the board have expanded my stadium as an annual celebration, making Old Trafford now over 95,000 seats. I know Man Utd. are a rich club and winning every competition generates multi-millions, but that is a pittance compared to the £600 million or so bank loan offset against the club. Unless this loan is not taken into account by the game (even though it's mentioned in the finances) i would say it's more down to performances and high average attendances.

From my experience, it seems all you need to do is consistently pack out the ground your are at now, whilst having a winning team

Winning things not only means more people comin to your games, it means more money, I don't think there are any strict figures, although I'm prepared to be proved wrong :p, you just need to have enough money and demand ie full stadium

Ok thanks, my league one season hasn't started yet but my stadium is only 7,500 and I was getting basically 5000 in league 2, so I assume I'll need an expansion soonish, but the board can't afford it, my balance has only just reached a million

I don't think it has anything directly to do with success. There are 2 conditions that are needed to have a stadium expansion. Firstly, your average attendance needs to be at least 90% of your current stadium capacity. The second thing is if you have eough money. Now I don't know how much exactly you need, as it may possibly vary but if you don't currently have a loan to repay then that is a good sign as the clubs usually take out a loan to expand or build a new stadium if they don't have the money. That is what I found anyway. I can also tell you that it cost around £12m to expand Old Trafford by around 17,000 seats in one of my saves.

I don't know how much cash flows play in stadium expansion. I think it's more based on the teams success. In 2011 with Man Utd. i have won every competition i've entered and without asking the board have expanded my stadium as an annual celebration, making Old Trafford now over 95,000 seats. I know Man Utd. are a rich club and winning every competition generates multi-millions, but that is a pittance compared to the £600 million or so bank loan offset against the club. Unless this loan is not taken into account by the game (even though it's mentioned in the finances) i would say it's more down to performances and high average attendances.

The loan won't be offset against the balance but the repayments will be offset against the cashflow.

I don't think it has anything directly to do with success. There are 2 conditions that are needed to have a stadium expansion. Firstly, your average attendance needs to be at least 90% of your current stadium capacity. The second thing is if you have eough money. Now I don't know how much exactly you need, as it may possibly vary but if you don't currently have a loan to repay then that is a good sign as the clubs usually take out a loan to expand or build a new stadium if they don't have the money. That is what I found anyway. I can also tell you that it cost around £12m to expand Old Trafford by around 17,000 seats in one of my saves.

It took something around £8m to upgrade Madjeski park by 11000 seats or so in one of my saves.

The loan won't be offset against the balance but the repayments will be offset against the cashflow.

So basically i'm paying for the Glazier's stupidity. Suppose i can't really complain when in my 3rd season i get £120 million to spend!

I don't think it has anything directly to do with success..

surely though if an up and coming team are constantly succesful, they will have an increased fanbase and so the need for a larger stadium to cater for the larger demand to watch thier games.

My Werder Bremen board decided to spend £192 million on a new 54,500 seater stadium in the summer just passed and took out a £152 million loan for this with £40 million from selling the Weserstadion. Our bank balance was no more than ~£10 million and now the loan repayments, coupled with a dodgy 24 month payment transfer deal I did are now starting to cripple the club and it's 2 years before the stadium gets built and we start to get more money from it (although being in Germany ticket prices are a pittance anyway so we probably won't get much increase) :(

Starting with a ground capacity of 7,000 (of which only 700 seats) I took my team from the BSS to the Premiership with no stadium expansion, however after my promotion from the Championship we had £16M (much more ££ than we'd ever had!). The Board took out a £5M (ish cant remember exact figure) loan to expand the stadium by 3,000 seats which took six months (during which time i had reduced capacity as one side of ground was closed for the development). My new capacity is therefore 10,000 with 3,700 seats. In real life this wouldn't be allowed because all Premiershp grounds must be all-seater, so i did have higher hopes for ground redevelopment/new stadium upon promotion to Premiership! I am just coming to the end of my first Premiership season in which i have both survived and been profitable because of the much higher TV revenue so it will be interesting to see if there a further plans for expansion over the summer...

Seating considerations (or other stadia related requirements) used to be in, at least for the SPL, back in CM01/02 because I played a few games there managing Ayr United and each time I got them promoted to the SPL the board would expand the stadium to a ludicrous size of ~18,000 despite average attendances of more like 5,000 in Division 1. That was before the days of loans so it plunged the club into irreversable debt!

surely though if an up and coming team are constantly succesful, they will have an increased fanbase and so the need for a larger stadium to cater for the larger demand to watch thier games.

That is true but that is why I said it has nothing to do directly with success. Success will have an impact on attendances and attendances will have an impact on whether the board expand the stadium. It has an impact but not a direct impact.

Archived