Facegen Problem

Apologies if this is the wrong place, and if it's been asked before, I had a quick search and couldn't find any help.

Basically the problem is that in the profiles of the regenerated players in my game their pictures only have their hair and no face, just wondering how to sort this? I have no recollection of changing any settings to create this problem.

Tried re-installing before, and there was a corrupt warning but everything seemed fine until I noticed this. Cheers anyways, I'll just leave their faces upto my imagination, I'll be distraught to find out if one of my youngsters aren't black, his hair suggests very much so.

Apologies if this is the wrong place, and if it's been asked before, I had a quick search and couldn't find any help.

Basically the problem is that in the profiles of the regenerated players in my game their pictures only have their hair and no face, just wondering how to sort this? I have no recollection of changing any settings to create this problem.

First try deleting the cache files (instructions Here in the Sticked thread)

If that doesn't work patch your game if you haven't already, you can also try defragmenting the hard drive FM is installed on. (Instructions in the thread I've linked to)

If none of that works then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Thanks for the suggestions michaeltmurrayuk, I can't seem to find the cache files that it says to delete.

It says:

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

There's no AppData icon, and when searching for the Football Manager XX folder, nothing comes up.

Thanks anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions michaeltmurrayuk, I can't seem to find the cache files that it says to delete.

It says:

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

There's no AppData icon, and when searching for the Football Manager XX folder, nothing comes up.

Thanks anyways.

Have you enabled 'View hidden files and folders'. I am on XP and assume there is a similar option in Vista that you need to tick before you can see the AppData folder and I don't think it meant that the folder is called Football Manager XX. Replace the XX with 2008 if you have FM2008.

Have you enabled 'View hidden files and folders'. I am on XP and assume there is a similar option in Vista that you need to tick before you can see the AppData folder and I don't think it meant that the folder is called Football Manager XX. Replace the XX with 2008 if you have FM2008.

There is an option on Vista, have had to do this for something else playing up before. If that does not help, try turning the features on the preferences panel off and then restarting the game and turning them on again; such as the cache's in there.

As mentioned though, bugs forum may be able to provide better information. There are some v. clever people in there...

• 2 months later...

Please somebody help this is doing my head in. Finally got the game to load and thought i was there, however ive seen a message saying fagen failed to initilise please check log file....therefore it closes my game down, can anybody tell me how i can get round this and play the game please? any help much appreciated.

Archived