player exchanges non-existent

during my whole time of playing football manager i have never come across a succesful player exchange between clubs. on a number of occasions i have tried instigating part-exchange deals where the other team have shown an interest in one of my players and i want one of thier players- it never ever works for me...even when my player has a value of £10,000,000 and thiers is £2.5mill. any tips for facilitating such deals? i think thier a great aspect to the game so i'd liek to see more of them.

during my whole time of playing football manager i have never come across a succesful player exchange between clubs. on a number of occasions i have tried instigating part-exchange deals where the other team have shown an interest in one of my players and i want one of thier players- it never ever works for me...even when my player has a value of £10,000,000 and thiers is £2.5mill. any tips for facilitating such deals? i think thier a great aspect to the game so i'd liek to see more of them.

They don't happen very often but are possible. I'm in 2030/31 season at the mo and I think I've only had one in the game so far. A straight swap of a 5* AML for a 5* AMC/FC with Sheff Weds a few seasons back. It's difficult as the AI often charges well over a players value so it has to be a player a team is willing to sell for roughly the value of your player and they have to be interested in your player plus both players have to be interested in the move and agree terms. Personally I've always thought this just reflects real life as despite the ludicrous number of exchange deals mooted in the tabs they almost never happen. Off the top of my head I can only think of Keith Gillespie being part of the Andy Cole to Man Utd deal and that was app. 13 years ago!

I used to think the same but I have seen a couple in my current game which has satisfied me. I do believe however if a team is interested in one of your players and you are one of theirs then they should be more willing to strike out a deal using players as make weight (obviously taking quality into consideration).

I nearly cried with delight when Boro offered me Didier Digard and 50% next sale for Evander Sno. Unfortunately Didier didn't want to go at that time.

They don't happen very often but are possible. I'm in 2030/31 season at the mo and I think I've only had one in the game so far. A straight swap of a 5* AML for a 5* AMC/FC with Sheff Weds a few seasons back. It's difficult as the AI often charges well over a players value so it has to be a player a team is willing to sell for roughly the value of your player and they have to be interested in your player plus both players have to be interested in the move and agree terms. Personally I've always thought this just reflects real life as despite the ludicrous number of exchange deals mooted in the tabs they almost never happen. Off the top of my head I can only think of Keith Gillespie being part of the Andy Cole to Man Utd deal and that was app. 13 years ago!

Cashley for Gallas?

That said, I've had one of my own. I managed to swap a top Crozilian striker for some cash plus a top regen striker.

I offered Barca Mascherano for Dos Santos, straight swap. Mascherano was valued at about £15 mill and Dos Santos about £6 mill. - didn't bother me since i got him on a free transfer. Accepted no problem but my transfer was ruined when he wouldn't accept their wages. Worse still i got offered £20 mill by Barca for him in the next transfer window only for him to snub them again!

this is one of the biggest problems of the transfer system for me.

i have been trying to get micah richards in a part exchange deal, so i offer cash-plus-player (nugent in this case, very good on my game). city show their interest in said player by inquiring about him, but not replying to my richards offer. when i respond to their inquiry, shouldnt i be able to come back with my same cash- plus-player for richards offer?

noooo, i can only negotiate a straight swap deal, which they obviously would have no interest in because richards is worth more.

anyway, the upshot of it is that no transfer happens, and my player rots in the reserves. i'm not saying i should have got richards in a part exchange. what im saying is the game should have at least let me re-negotiate a deal, but it wont let me.

I've had a few offered me, but the other club wasn't really serious about them because they left the player they offered me on either First Team or Squad Rotation status. Since the players in question where Bojan, being offered as a makeweight together with £19 million for Riccardo Montolivo at Fiorentina and Roberto Soldado being offered together with £12 million for Per Mertesacker at Bremen it was totally inevitable that both those players would have no interest in moving to Fiorentina/Bremen so I don't know why Barca and Madrid even bothered to make the offer if they weren't going to transfer list the players or whatever to make them want to move!

I've had a few and noticed a few in other clubs. The best one was selling a 32 yr old Van der Vaart for £4m and a Belgian DC/ST who was actually really really good in both positions, it was his club who offered the switch and I was more than happy to get rid of a 32 yr old with 179 PA and take on a 19 yr old with 179 PA :p

Disagree with Op I have had quite a few most recent was my Hamberg game I signed Breno from Bayern for 20mil plus Neuer my GK. I offered 15mil then Bayern came back negotiating for the deal mentioned and i said ok sure.

Yes I realise prob wasnt the best deal ever but I love Breno and had a coupel of other good keepers :)

Usually the AI tends to offer terrible players plus little cash which makes them pointless (I find that the AI rarely has any sense of balancing the values of the players). When I had Yossi Benayoun on the transfer list Zaragoza came in with a 6.5mil (asking price was 7mil) plu Thiago (the Barca one, they got him a year earlier) which was unusually terrific - the only exchange transfer which has ever gone through for me on 08.

If you have one of their players on your shortlist (as in the above case I mentioned with Soldado who spent 6 months on loan at Bremen and even had us as one of his favourite clubs and also Bojan at Fiorentina purely because Barcelona had allowed his contract to run out so we and loads of others offered him a contract and he then signed a new one at Barca) and the AI club really wants one of your players they will quite often offer you the player you want, but as I also said above they make no efforts to persuade that player to move to your club so the deal almost always falls through if you were being ambitious with the player in question rather than him being a useless nobody!

yeah it tends to be made with players on your shortlist at the time.. ill see if i can dig out a couple of screenies i have of player exchange offers... theyre both pretty daft tbh, one there was no way i was accepting, and one where i snapped their hand off, only for it to fall through!!

offer 1

offer 2

I only play football manager 2006 and i am in my third season of my first ever game, i am barnet and i have next to

no transfer budget so when i was in the first season to get a decent player signed i had to do player exchanges! i pulled off some real good ones as well my best striker by far i got him by swapping 6 YES 6 really bad reserves and 5k + clauses. i sold him 2 years later for 500k. i did a similar thing to get my best midfielder 4 or 5 bad reserves and a sell on clause got me my best midfielder.

I have had some lesser successes as well with exchanges as i got more money from the players i sold i could go for a better class of player so i have done a few deals like 50k+ 2 squad defenders to get my team a 1st team regular defender.

Archived