The Board Are Interferring Idiots

I am in season 2029/30 and have had quite a good career game starting at Palermo, then Valencia, Man Utd (who are now in League 1 after sacking me following a board takeover), Espanyol, Lyon and now Athletico Madrid.

One consistant thing that has annoyed me at each club is the board accepting bids that are too good to turn down when we have plenty of money in the bank.

The worst one though has to be my problem left back, Brazlian Alex. He kept skipping training and hitting the nightclubs because I rejected a summer bid from Juventus for him. Valued at £4.8m, and a leading star, I asked for £18.5m and offered him out. Juve bid but he rejected them, so I offered him again at £20m and Juve again offered but my reserve left back was injured for that same day, so I rejected it.

Then Juve, Liverpool and a couple of other clubs bid £9m and the board intervened and sold him.

I was allowed to turn down the £20m but the board thought £9m a day later was too good to refuse. I know some people will come on here saying 'well the board probably think it was a good deal and he should be sold blah blah blah' but why allow me to refuse £20m then accept less than half a day later?

This happened a few time, including at Valencia when we had over £100m in the bank.

Archived