Help Please

So I started as an unemployed Scottish manager with the reputation as a semi-professional footballer. I'm in January 2008 right now and I haven't got a job offers from a club team yet. Now Nigeria sacked their manager after the African Cup of Nations and I applied as a joke considering I was rejected from all the clubs I applied for, but they offered me the job to manage Nigeria. I haven't really managed internationally a lot, my most success was when I was Northern Ireland U-21 manager. Other then that thats pretty much it. I think i'll take the job, can anyone help me out or give me some tips how to be a good international manager if there is any? Thanks.

When I manage internationally, I download an extrernal scouting tool. It's easier to find players this way. I don't consider it cheating - as being a National manager, you#'d automatically know the bset players to call up, so it's only fair :)

Unfortunately, managing Nigeria is always going to be a struggle (I doubt you loaded up Nigerian ddt at the start). Cross your fingers and hope for the best with your limited squad.

International management is a pain in the backside for me at the best of times, but managing someone like Nigeria is particularly annoying if you havn't loaded all players. On occasion you may not have a player available for positions and you will have to rely on the generated greyed out players, who aren't that good.

I managed Nigeria for a while, granted it was on FM07 but I had a fair bit of success without too much trouble. Martins and Yakubu upfront seemed to be too much for most African teams defences and with the likes of Obi Mikel, John Utaka etc in midfield along with Yobo and a few less well known but fairly good players in defence and that goalkeeper whos name I have temporarily forgotten I managed to win African Cup of Nations and reach the semi finals of the World Cup before resigning in 2011

I've managed Nigeria on a medium database in FM 08 and it wasn't a struggle at all. IRL Nigeria are one of the top sides in African football.

I'm sure you'll have no problems managing Nigeria and you will achieve a decent amount of success with a decent tactic. The only thing I can say is, be open to every player in every position. Don't just limit yourself to players who are in big clubs. Even if a player is in a smaller club than your regular starter, give the other guy a chance as more times than not they turn out just as good.

Archived