What makes a super sub?

if my sub scores, then it's usually because he

1.)was actually 50/50 starting line-up choice, but some other guy was a bit better

2.)was with a ball in front of empty net

3.)there was kinda deflection that made keeper go wrong way

4.)scored an amazing long shot even despite having 5-10 as long shot attribute

I always use players with high pace/acceleration stats. Valon Behrami is a favorite from 07, but he's not quite as good in 08. He had 20 pace, 20 acceleration, 20 strength, high agility, jumping, crossing, and dribbling. He absolutely destroyed tired defenses with this combo!

I find pace and acceleration to be really important in having an effective super sub. Often means they can run around/through defences when they are becoming tired. Obviously finishing and the related abilities are also important or else he'll just come on and give a few fans behind the goals a souvenir ball to take home with them as they leave

some one whos had good form say 7-8-8-7-8 but hasent held down a regular place due to your main player(central midfielder for instance) playing a 8-7-8-9-8. And they are wanting first team football. Would this not spur them onto playin a top drawer performance? So they can show they can hold down a first team place

I've got a super sub at the mo, his last name is Stranger (forgot his first name) and he's quick, with average/weak heading and finishing (12/12) but brilliant composure, decisions, bravery basically all good mental stats and +14 for all physicals (pace/acc = 16/17), he's scored 8 goals coming off the bench in 15 or so games (5 or so as starter where he sucked).

Low ambition helps, or whatever stat it is that makes a player happy to sit on the bench.

Djourou, for example, spent half a season on the bench for me without moaning once... A few years into the game when he was considered world class. He's also never asked for more than £34k a week. I had to force that on him... Despite being 28, continental reputation (formerly world class. Not sure what happened there) and averaging 7.27 over multiple seasons.

Oddly he's never been worth more than 6-7 mil either...

Archived