LOL Financial Benefits? Not really.

I'm in a long term game with Belgian side Torhout. Never played a Belgian side that much but they are in Euro Cup and starting to challenge for the top.

I got a feeder club in the USA....Columbus. I pay them 5.5 mil a year for financial/marketing benefits. It's been a year. My merchandising intake was 1.1 mil total. A whopping 100k more than the year before WITHOUT Columbus.

Do you think this will increase cos it's a huge drain right now.

nakamura becomes available on a free at the start of the third(??) season. I just get him always as a big club for merchandising. He normalyl wants like 20k per week in wages and backup status does him well :D

Will try a tour. Not seeing how to arrange a friendlies in the US at the moment. It's not giving me the option for teams outside Europe........ Again I've never played a Belgian team for very long are there some quirks with rep to overcome? Rep changed to Continental this summer which is pretty good for a Belgian team right?

n/m I'm an idiot forgot to select "tour" not friendly. got one arranged now. Thanks for the input folks.

£5.5 million per year?!! Even if you mean Euros (as I suspect you do) that is still a huge amount and far more than any of my big clubs have ever paid for such a linkup. You should never get a Merchandise feeder club in those circumstances though. Common sense says that when your total Merchandise income is only 1 million it makes no sense to pay a club 5.5 million for financial benefits! I did this (although not at that cost, but I still made a loss) with Kilmarnock in Scotland in FM07 for a year before binning my merchandise feeder club because I just didn't sell enough merchandise.

I'm not bloody surprised you didn't sell enough merchandise in the US and China and Japan - come on, it's Kilmarnock...

Precisely, that's what I meant - same is true with Torhout in Belgium. I pretty much knew when I signed up for the feeder club that it was probably a waste of money, but I was happy enough to see for a year what it did, esp. since I had more than enough money for the purposes I needed. Then, after a year of inevitably small financial benefits I cut the link.

Regarding the original post, the merchandise feeder club link did produce (assuming all other factors were equal) an increase of 10% which is not bad, it's just that 10% of a small amount is a very small amount :p

Archived