German League - Reserve Team

Hiya,

have just played many successful seasons in the AUstrian League and now in 2021 want to change into the German League, in order to get better players and reach for higher goals, due to better reputation.

Now I have noticed that quite a few teams have their reserves playing in a lower league, but far from all top teams (as it is in real life). My question is: if I take over a certain team and the reserves don't appear to play in one of the visible leagues, is there a chance that they will get promoted there?

Hasn't happened to me in all those years in Austria, so I am doubting that it will happen in Germany... mostly I would like to know if it is possible in the game or not, due to my choice of team being one that has reserves playing in a league, for more competitive games for my youngsters.

Thanks!

Reserve teams can achieve promotion. What they can not do is be promoted into the same division as their senior side. Also, if the senior side gets relegated to the division the reserves are in, the reserves also have to drop down.

thanks, am aware of the general rules, was mostly wondering if it will happen in FM ;)

Haven't seen a reserve team get promoted into the first division in the AUstrian League until 2021 and my reserves would have competed for the national title in every season... so I guess it is rather random which teams get promoted from "invisible - no-fixtures" leagues into real leagues and not up to performance.

It's an interesting question actually because as far as I am aware promotion from leagues below those that are active is based entirely on club reputation and I've no idea what the reputation of e.g Werder II would be. Clearly it can't be the same as that of the main club otherwise there would be nothing but reserve teams getting promoted into the lower active league so I suspect the reuptation of reserve teams is so low that they would never get promoted from a non-active league into an active one (even allowing for rules regarding reserve teams not being in the same league as the senior team etc - infact in Norway the 2nd team isn't allowed to be promoted even to 1 division below the main team either)

ok, thanks, that seems to make sense, if not a single reserve team made it into an active league over the course of 14 seasons. I guess I will be so patient and wait for a team that does have reserves in an active league, if I can wait that long ;)

Archived