Damaging Young Players

Hello.

Just started a new one with a personal update.

Just a bit of a conundrum. In Jan 2008 and top of league by 12 points.

Got Keane, Kuyt and Torres up front and Nemeth has scored 5 goals in about 10 apps.

However I am worried as whenever I play Keane and Kuyt together I seem toothless up front. I realised if I lost Nando I would be fecked.

Thought I needed another striker and dont want to buy Aguero as trying to stay away from old signings, I have put in a 27m bid for Berbs and it was accepted. I am wondering whether to accept it or whether his arrival will damage Nemeth reaching his potential.

Help?

(PS I KNOW THIS SHOULDNT BE HERE BUT NEED HELP ASAP)

The best thing for young players is first team football. Bringing in Berbatov won't damage Nemeth per se, but if Nemeth can't ever get at the first team, his development will be hindered and you run the risk of preventing him from reaching his full potential. But that wouldn't put me off buying Berbatov. The compromise would be to get Berbatov in and send Nemeth out on loan.

Dont buy Berbs for that, not worth it. Id just try and develop both Nemeth and Pacheco, as they could be great and could replace Torres.

Play Keane and Torres, Kuyt as back up. If you lose Torres then maybe buy Adriano, should be cheap and will do alright until Nemeth and Pacheco are ready.

Loan him out to a club that will guarantee him regular first-team football at a reasonable level. After a couple years on loan, you should be able to track his development and more accurately decide whether or not he has a first-team future at Liverpool. At that point, depending on your analysis, you can: 1. Sell him (assumedly at a higher value than he is at now, as he has probably improved significantly) 2. Sell one of your older strikers to make first-team room for him or 3. Plump for a few more years on loan and reassess. At a club like Liverpool, I'd say if you're not fully convinced he can make a serious impact in the team by age 23, you should sell.

If you buy Berbatov then you've got 3 (arguably 4) somewhat awesome strikers who are gonna want to be playing regularly, and too much rotation could hinder how well you striking pairs gel together. If I were in that situation, I'd buy a young (18-21) striker with raw pace (I don't think Kuyt, Keane or Berba have a great deal of pace in the game) and decent technique, basically a younger, less talented Torres who wouldn't mind not playing regularly. That being said, you could buy a left winger (Guardado would be less than what you're paying for Berba I think) and have Babel backup to Torres - I know that he can be prolific in a striker position.

As for Nemeth, yeah, loan him out to a team who tell you he'll be a first team regular, with a recall clause incase you have a major injury pileup up front.

Archived