Do lots of attacking players equal an attacking formation?

I have tons of strikers, but some really dodgy defenders.... so should i put 3 up front and play and attacking oriented game to capitalise on my strength up front or should i plug in a DM so steady my defence and cover my weakness? What do other people do in this situation?

This would be better suited to the tactics forum, there's bound to be someone in there who knows how to survive with an attack heavy side. However, my first thought on your problem is... sell some attackers and buy some defenders, but I love DM's and only play one up front so i'm not really an all out attack kinda manager.

you should start off by having at least one midfield plyaer that isn't attacking.

now if you're going to have a really attacking team and play attacking with rubbish defenders, every time you lose the ball your defenders will have to deal with an oppo attack sprinting at them.

recipe for disaster.

keep at least one midfielder who is in touch with the defenders.

Loooong passing. Fast wingers. Wide pitch. More offsides than you'd like but if everyone bar your CBs and DMC is running forward you're bound to get a few.

Worked well for me as Leeds in the lower end of CCL1 when I could sign attackers easily but defenders not so much.

I have tons of strikers, but some really dodgy defenders.... so should i put 3 up front and play and attacking oriented game to capitalise on my strength up front or should i plug in a DM so steady my defence and cover my weakness? What do other people do in this situation?

Mr. Keggie,

You're hair may be greyer, but you never learn, do you? :p

at the start of the game i have plenty of strickers and attacking midfielders. I normaly sell most of them and keep the ones i rate personaly and then invest in a better defense. Play with only 1 up front. Cant complaint naisimith scoring over 200 goals in 3 seasons and winning the european cups top scorer even after we got knocked out:D

Archived