Does Anyone Else...

...manage another team apart from thier senior side? In my Arsenal save i also manage the U18's purely because they are so good to watch (8-0, 6-0 etc etc). If i have a poor result at the weekend with the seniors, i take over the u18s midweek and smash any opposistion umpteen-nil...it really helps. it obviously has other benefits such as seeing first hand what players to look out for in the future instead of filtering through endless match reports from your assisstant. also, i have found a couple of great young players from opposition teams while managing my u18s.

does anybody............post replies without trying to be cocky/funny/smart/annoying?

very rarely or so it seems.

The quality of replies will generally reflect the quality of the original poster's efforts.

I do it all the time, when I've got other teams. I manage Bishop's Stortford of the BSS and they don't get a competitive Reserve League or U18 league until we got promoted to the conference. Until then I was managing them for one game a month against another BSS Reserve team in a friendly simply to keep my subs bench regulars fit. Now I've got competitive action for the Reserves I am in full control of them, meaning I can pick the left back I think is the second best left back rather than when my AssMan picks who I deem to be the fifth best. Under 18s is pointless for me though at the moment, I do the cup, but I have many U18s in my first or second team, and often can't play a full U18 side. For the U18 cup though every U18 player is dropped to that level simply to see how I do. I often get two or three rounds in and then crash out to Spurs or Liverpool - they are the biggest U18 teams in my game.

It is good to manage the other teams so you get a feel for the whole squad. I just hope in FM09 you can start your career as an U18 manager and work up from there - even more challenges :)

ok. thank you for your not-so-constructive criticisms.

back to topic. anyone?

It wasn't a criticism. Just an answer to your question.

Now, yes, back on topic. No, I don't manage anyone other than my senior team.

The quality of replies will generally reflect the quality of the original poster's efforts.

:thup: Especially considering that dafuge and Mike7077 are very good contributors to this forum and well respected members, yet they felt the need to say something because the quality of thread title was so awful.

It is good to manage the other teams so you get a feel for the whole squad. I just hope in FM09 you can start your career as an U18 manager and work up from there - even more challenges :)

i was thinking that too. starting up managing 'dog and partridge u18's' and ending up england manager??

that would be something.

in all fairness lads, all you have to do is hover your cursor over the thread title to see the rest of it. not particually difficult or time consuming. last i've got to say about it- i won't make a mountain out of a molehill.

does anybody............post replies without trying to be cocky/funny/smart/annoying?

very rarely or so it seems.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be cocky/funny/smart/annoying, I was making a serious point that threads should be titled sensibly to give people an idea about what it is about.

Titles like 'Does anyone else...', 'Why...' and 'I'm NOT Moaning...' aren't really that appropriate.

It's not a massive issue, but finishing your thread titles properly and making them as relevant as possible would help us avoid threads we don't want to read and help your threads attract attention from people interested in U18 management rather than have it turn into a discussion on thread titles.

wow i thought i moaned a lot. didn't realise i had stumpled upon the victor meldrew FM forum.

are you all on the blob?

Don't be childish. You've posted more than one thread without giving them a proper title. Is it too much to ask that you give them some consideration? It is generally something that's asked of people before they post. You're as welcome as anyone else here, I assure you. :) Just give your topics a better title and the pedants like myself will leave you be. Or we might even engage with you on-topic!

Also, wrong time of the month for me.

ok. heres my formal apology for the mass hysteria i've caused. i can assure you any future threads i post will have a fair reference to the content of that post.

after seeing one of my u18s reach 20 goals in 19 games i decided to play him in a low key cup match for the seniors- he scored two.

so what is your view on u18 or reserve team managment in the game?

Pointless IMO, because a majority of them are either useless or never going to reach their potential. I send all youth players to feeder clubs of a decent standard, but not so good that they won't pick them.

absoloutly no problem.

so what is your view on u18 or reserve team managment in the game?

I've never really used it, in my game if I have players in my youth team who are capable of stepping up to the first team I'll try and give them as many first team games as possible early on. I'm managing in NI where there's plenty of cup competitions that give me a chance to field youngsters.

My reserves tends to be a mixture of unhappy first teamers who I want to get rid of and youth team players who I think might make it into the first team. My youth team is just the young players who I don't think will make it, who usually get released at the end of the season.

I've never really done it before. Managing the senior team is hassle enough, thank you!

But i occasionally take time out to watch my U18's play. Sometimes they lose :(. But that way i know the real talents.

by the way does anyone know if say results go bad for the reserve team you are managing, this affects your overall view in the boards eyes- i.e you could be sacked for getting your reserve team relegated whilst in control but then still meet targets with your senior team??????

Archived