Regarding Olympics

If it's not already in it won't be since they're about to release it. Maybe FM10.

Must admit, with 2012 coming up I'd like to see more involvement in the Olympics, perhaps giving you the option to pick/manage the team if you're doing well in the league. It'll be problematic at first, bugged as hell (eg, if you don't run all leagues from Scotland, Wales, England and NI, how do you decide who to pick?) and the managers will have the option of withholding players -- yes, I know Mr Blatter says that won't be the case by 2012, but at the moment clubs CAN hold players back. Morale issues, of course.

This would be a great feature and one I would love to see. The players could all get morale boosts if they got a gold medal but then there would be the tradeoff of losing your best youngsters. It would be great as well to get a message in your inbox saying you had been chosen.

This would be a great feature and one I would love to see. The players could all get morale boosts if they got a gold medal but then there would be the tradeoff of losing your best youngsters. It would be great as well to get a message in your inbox saying you had been chosen.

IMHO It's good as it is in FM2008. I am just curious if SEGA will provide the license to SI.

Why would any player not want to play at the Olympics anyway?

This is something that I really don't understand about professional football and the olympic competition. I thought that the olympics was for amateur sports people not professionals so why are they likes of Messi even there.

This is something that I really don't understand about professional football and the olympic competition. I thought that the olympics was for amateur sports people not professionals so why are they likes of Messi even there.

You are talking BS.

Olympics is not about amatuers, only boxers are amatuers as far as I know. Handball, football, swimming, waterpolo, basketball, football, voleyball, ping pong, tennis, athletics... are all about professionals, and unlike football, best players/athletes do perform for their nations.

IMHO It's already in. I have seen over age players in AI squads

I don't think it works. I once managed Argentina in the Olympics and I called up 3 over 23 players which I was supposed to be able to. Then by the time my first match came, they were replaced in the squad by greyed out players.

I don't think it works. I once managed Argentina in the Olympics and I called up 3 over 23 players which I was supposed to be able to. Then by the time my first match came, they were replaced in the squad by greyed out players.

ooops.....

You are talking BS.

Olympics is not about amatuers, only boxers are amatuers as far as I know. Handball, football, swimming, waterpolo, basketball, football, voleyball, ping pong, tennis, athletics... are all about professionals, and unlike football, best players/athletes do perform for their nations.

No its not about amateurs but there are certain rules within competeing in the olympics for football.

for example only 3 over 23 year olds are allowed to play for each team. This is to try and keep the games as amateur as possible and also to create a more balanced environment. As in the current olympics belgium got to the semis!?! how would they do this if it was the normal teams allowed to compete argentina and brazil would have just annilihated them even more.

And many of the athletes competeing in swimming and hockey etc. are classed as amatuers as most still have other jobs. I think even if they are state or government funded they are classed as amateur. It is only when they get sponsorship deals that they make enough to do it for a carreer.

You are talking BS.

I think that says it all regarding the death of the amateur spirit of the Olympics.

You are talking BS.

Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about! It woudn't be the first time though I've got it wrong & probably won't be the last.

Archived