Player movement problem

I'm not complaining here its just I find this frustrating.

I played through 2 seasons managing Basingstoke Town from the Blue Square South. My contract wasn't renewed cause of a takeover towards the end of the season. I got a few offers from Blue Square Premier teams but I wasn't really interested. So I got an offer from Southport in the Blue Square North. Over the summer I really completed the squad, with the perfect mix of youngsters and experience. We were predicted to win the league and all. But the season was average half way through we were only 9th place and I was checking other teams out, and I found out this annoying problem. Now feeder clubs are great to have but these Blue Square South teams are getting players on loan from Championship teams, like Nuneaton is connected with Coventry City, and Coventry sent Ben Turner and Matty Wise to Nuneaton. Matty has 45 goals in like 30 games and Turner has 11 goals as a defender, other then that the rest of the team is crap. There are 5 or 6 teams like this in the league who rely on 2 or 3 players on loan from much higher division clubs to get goals and win games, its just annoying, like when you send a player on loan you send them to learn, what would a player learn if they are just destroying a league like this? Nothing, they learn nothing, Coventry and all the other clubs should recall those players and send them on loan to League 2 or Blue Square Premier teams, to get experience, cause they aren't really playing competitive football if they just own everybody. I find that the more divisions there are in a country that your playing in, the bigger effect this has. Does anyone else feel this?

Happens IRL, but to a lesser extent. Reading sent Scott Davies on loan to Aldershot in the BSP. He's not that good, but he was too good for the BSP. What did he learn? How to score. It may not help a player when the chips are down, but they'll learn how to play well when the team's playing well.

Plus, it's better than being in the reserves.

It also helps giving a player the idea of how a team deals with pressure. When you're in a reserve team, there is not much to gain, except some honour. When you're playing in a league where you can actually win a cup, things like pressure feel on a whole different scale. It helps to know the feeling before you get a chance in the first team of your own club.

What SCIAG said helps as well. If you can score more easily, you get a feel for where the goal is. Sometimes it's better to play against weaker players, as you can develop a feeling for where the goal is, in what kind of positions you can or can't try that shot, and what kind of sneaky moves you can pull off. All of those things you can't do in the reserves, where some high-class defenders are confronting you that you're a rookie and that they're never gonna let you even think of the goal.

If you can bag a few goals as a striker, it helps build you confidence too. And if you're confident, you usually play better (as long as you don't get overconfident).

I think that MartPoom is right, its unrealistic that players would go all the way down to BSS/BSN. It's realistic for a player to drop into the reserves for a couple of games to get a few goals and hopefully confidence, but the parent club/feeder club link is not how it should be. For instance i was Forest and offered for Danny Simpson on a season long loan. He rejected me- fair enough. But who does he go to the next day? Walsall. No disrespect to them but who would you pick-Forest or Walsall!!

In my game in charge of Bishop's Stortford (BSS) I managed to secure a link with Arsenal. In three years I have had Vito Mannone, Kerea Gilbert, Nacier Barazite, Rui Fonte and some kid called ?? Thomas - They often send two a season but I try to reject one as I don't want to destroy the youth development program I am trying to get going at the club.

Archived