Creating a Reserve or U21 Team?

Hey guys :)

i was told that the game gets interesting the further into it you get, so i went on holiday until 2012 (got bored of being on holiday) and the only job i could get was Plauen in the German Third Division. Narrowly avoided relegation in first season as expected and lower mid-table as expected the next.

The problem here is that I only have 2 squads, First team and U19's. This means that some of the prmoising youngsters coming through get thrown right into the first team once they've turned 19, they don't get matches - partly because they're not good enough and the player registration thing which I only gave numbers to my first team - and don't develop as well as they could.

So i was wondering if it was possible to create a reserve or U21 team so i could get them playing lots of matches, even if it is only friendlies?

Thanks for any help. :)

I don't believe you can create sides, wheather or not a club has a reserve or under 21 side depends on how the youth and reserve system works in the corresponding country, if you don't have either then i'm guessing there's no such system for german third division clubs, i've not managed in Germany myself but i'm fairly sure i'm right.

iirc in Germany, most of the u21/reserve sides actually play in the league anyways, so you cant add one of these teams, as they are in the same competition as the first team squads. if you see what i mean....

edit: there isnt a different competition for the reserves/u21's.

Don't most clubs in Germany have a number 2 team playing in the lower leagues. The big teams do anyway.

thats what i was trying to say!! couldnt find the right words though... more caffeine is needed i think... :rolleyes:

Archived