FM09 speak to players

FM09 features have already been decided.

I may just be a grumpy **** but I hate it when people say that. Yes, features for FM09 will already have been decided (and on the large part implemented) but people are more than welcome to say what they would like, there is no set time period in the year when people are allowed to sayc what they want. Jusy saying that and nothing else simply puts the person off from suggesting things in the future. If you want to, then say it is too late for a certain version but don't just leave it at that, actually comment on the suggestion aswell. Anyway rant over :)

As for the suggestion, it is something that may be good but I think there would be a risk of it becoming gimmicky. It could also be hard to implement with the way the match engine currently works. WOrth considering though IMO as long as SI can find a suitable way to use it.

As for appeals, it is not helped that IRL most red cards are legitimate and clubs do not appeal where as in the game we (as in the gamers) tend to appeal almost always which exaggerates the "problem". There may be an argument for tweaking it a little but I don't have too much of a problem with it as it stands.

I don't think you need it on match day. You have the tactics screen to tell them to tackle less agressively etc.

I do think we should be able to have private words with players outside of match-days rather than airing it all in public. In fact, saying you support a player in the press whilst lambasting him in private (as I'm sure managers really do) would improve the interraction within the game 100%.

I don't think you need it on match day. You have the tactics screen to tell them to tackle less agressively etc.

I do think we should be able to have private words with players outside of match-days rather than airing it all in public. In fact, saying you support a player in the press whilst lambasting him in private (as I'm sure managers really do) would improve the interraction within the game 100%.

You've hit on something there. I think interaction between management and players should be a bigger part of the game.

I also think that you should beable to lambast one performance of a player. I will use my club, Sheffield Wednesday as an example. Brian Laws very rarely publicly critises one player but at the weekend he ripped into Jermain Johnson for a mistake and a generally poor performance. Now depending on how often you do it, the effect would be bigger. Also, that would depend on the players personality, they may take it as a challenge and improve their form or they may crumble under such intense scrutiny.

god its too early in the morning to find a post like this

I thought you wanted the game to talk to us

Liking the idea thought :) could try spur those players playing at a six to a star performance..would have the chance of the oposite effect though

Just think once they get this right we can shout abuse at the other players managers :D lol

You could expand this to player interaction in general and say it needs improving. As things stand, it's very difficult to communicate with players. If they're unhappy, you can't talk to them about it. There's no interaction. With the whole Ronaldo sage this summer, did Ferguson communicate with him entirely through the media? No. Now, I realise that managers do use the media. Martin O'Neill definitely spoke to them about Gareth Barry. And if we believe Barry, O'Neill didn't make much of an attempt to speak directly to him. But he still had that option. That's what's missing, for me. We need to be able to communicate much more directly with our players. For one thing, it would help us feel less powerless. And even if we could still do nothing, at least we'd have a better understanding of events.

Archived