Are SI planning to be at the Leipzig show this week?

Ooh, so we may get the FM09 announcement between 20-24 of this month? I'm excited. I hope they've taken a lot of the suggestions and criticisms of 08 on board (It seemed to be the most complained about edition of the FM series IMO) and come up with a really good game. I just hope that with two separate teams developing FM Live and FM 09, quality and further innovation haven't been lost. I'm sure SI know they can't rest on their laurels for too much longer.

• SI Staff
I just hope that with two separate teams developing FM Live and FM 09, quality and further innovation haven't been lost.

I think it's had quite the opposite effect actually with the two teams able to bounce ideas off each other.

It's also good to have the guys working on FML have a look at how FM is coming along and the FM guys have a look at FML and get a relatively fresh pair of eyes on something.

A fresh pair of eyes? There are thousands of guys telling SI what they game needs right here, and there is a thread dedicated to a plethora of fantastic new ideas.

Surely if the FML and FM teams are bouncing ideas off each other, what is the point in the list thread? Or the forums.

VB

A fresh pair of eyes? There are thousands of guys telling SI what they game needs right here, and there is a thread dedicated to a plethora of fantastic new ideas.

General memebrs of this forum are't able to see FM09 and FM Live in development each working day. So if a member of the FM Live team looks to see what is happening on FM09 one morning then it is indeed a fresh pair of eyes and also one from a developer/programming background.

Surely if the FML and FM teams are bouncing ideas off each other, what is the point in the list thread? Or the forums.

VB

The FML and FM09 teams would get ideas off each other in conjunction with the FM community on these forums. There is no reason why they should use just one source for inspiration.

It's unlikely any practical suggestions on these forums haven't already been discussed by the developers anyway. Any nuggets that do come up take at least two editions to get into the game. By the time FM09 hits the shelves the new features for FM10 are already pretty much decided, and by Christmas they're set in stone (can't remember which SI team member said this, but I'm sure they did say something like that). So don't be too disappointed if your suggestion hasn't made it.

Although, that said, I'm sure they have a bit of a giggle when people start suggesting players should die on the pitch or gamers get to become chairmen.

Ooh, so we may get the FM09 announcement between 20-24 of this month? I'm excited. I hope they've taken a lot of the suggestions and criticisms of 08 on board (It seemed to be the most complained about edition of the FM series IMO) and come up with a really good game. I just hope that with two separate teams developing FM Live and FM 09, quality and further innovation haven't been lost. I'm sure SI know they can't rest on their laurels for too much longer.

Not the 20th then :(

I agree though totally. Really excited!!

VB

The "fresh pair of eyes" is quite different from a developers point of view, whilst we can indeed provide information about bugs, or even suggest ideas for the future, the actual developers of Football Manager and FM Live know where they are going with the software with respect to the next release (and perhaps further into the future), at least I think that's what Ter was getting at.

• SI Staff
The "fresh pair of eyes" is quite different from a developers point of view, whilst we can indeed provide information about bugs, or even suggest ideas for the future, the actual developers of Football Manager and FM Live know where they are going with the software with respect to the next release (and perhaps further into the future), at least I think that's what Ter was getting at.

Yeah, that's what I was on about :confused:

• SI Staff
The show is august 20-22 with people from all major companies going! That could mean features released today or tommorow!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't get my hopes up

Guys, they can't release FML properly without major problems and they're already, what, 12 months late with it? Wasn't it due mid/late 2007? Don't get your hopes up with FM09, especially if the FM guys have been taking ideas off the FML guys.

Kidding, kidding....:)

Archived