Your least favourite league

Which league do you consider to be the worst in the game and you really wouldn't care if they chucked it?

For me, it's got to be the Indonesian league, the standard is so poor! I just don't get it, anybody had any joy with it?

What I wouldn't mind is the introduction of the Qatari league (as per some patch a few moons ago (although it removed leagues I liked).

I honestly wouldn't want them to chuck any of the leagues! Of the ones I've played, the MLS is my least favourite. But that's just because of the rules and restrictions and such. It's all entirely realistic and I can see how it could be enjoyable. It just wasn't for me.

Over half the leagues I've never played in so I couldn't possibly judge. Certainly I'd rather have the Faroese league included than half of those that are :)

Tongue in cheek, my least favourite league of those I have played in (albeit I haven't actually managed there in FM08) is the EPL. That is partly because I just love managing in The Championship though and since I have a fairly good success rate there that inevitably leads me into EPL management which is usually nowhere near as much fun.

Over half the leagues I've never played in so I couldn't possibly judge. Certainly I'd rather have the Faroese league included than half of those that are :)

Tongue in cheek, my least favourite league of those I have played in (albeit I haven't actually managed there in FM08) is the EPL. That is partly because I just love managing in The Championship though and since I have a fairly good success rate there that inevitably leads me into EPL management which is usually nowhere near as much fun.

I understand that. One of the most disappointing things is when you get promoted! No more Championship! Relegation's not so bad because, provided you avoid the sack, League One is pretty fun too.

Aye, I had a plucky little Stockport team in FM07 who gatecrahsed their way into the Premiership after a really fun season of never say die topsy-turvy football in The Championship. Once we hit the bottom of the EPL after a couple of matches we stayed there for the rest of the season, only rallying, in the tradional way that teams do, when we were all but mathematically down. Following season in The Championship was again great fun as we bounced our way into the play-offs - I can't say that there was much wailing and knashing of teeth from me when we lost oout in those play-offs - almost the perfect season really - get as close as possible to promotion without actually achieving it and get the Wembley money for losing the play-off final :D

I think the Indonesian and Indian leagues are a bit of a waste.

I agree that we need more Middle Eastern Leagues (Qatari, UAE, Saudi) and more African (Egypt, Morocco)

As long as the A-League remains and gets better I'm happy!

Also, on the MLS, if they fix the draft then it will be better, I tried winning the league using only my drafted players (traded a lot of guys to get most of the first round and quite and a bit of the second) just the players were so poor i struggled to finish 3rd!

Which league do you consider to be the worst in the game and you really wouldn't care if they chucked it?

For me, it's got to be the Indonesian league, the standard is so poor! I just don't get it, anybody had any joy with it?

I'm sorry, but that's VERY small-minded. Quite apart from dissing those of us who live in SE Asia, you're overlooking the large number of FMers who enjoy such leagues precisely because they are low quality.

One of the great joys of FM is that it caters as much to the LLaMas as the EPL fanboys. Long may that continue.

I don't like Spain because I just can't get the player registration thingy worked out.

Maybe it's just me, but somehow there's always 1 player who simply can't be registered. Not so long ago I wanted to play with Madrid, but it was simply impossible to give Pepe a squad number. I just couldn't "click" him.

And that has happened to me before with Barca and Valencia.

That's why I don't play with Spanish clubs anymore. I find the player registration feature very buggy. Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong, I don't know.

I'm pathetic, really. I've only managed in about 6 leagues. Premiership, Championship, BSP, BSPS, Spain, Italy A+B, Netherlands, Portugual, Russia, Germany, France. Okay, 12 leagues, but considering the amount on the game...

I probably wouldn't care if they removed all the other leagues (though I'd like all the Second Divisons to remain) but I wouldn't remove them, because I know other people like them.

I'm sorry, but that's VERY small-minded. Quite apart from dissing those of us who live in SE Asia, you're overlooking the large number of FMers who enjoy such leagues precisely because they are low quality.

One of the great joys of FM is that it caters as much to the LLaMas as the EPL fanboys. Long may that continue.

I cannot see how it is small minded. I enjoy looking for new leagues to play in and sadly my Indonesian league experience was not fun. I'd say I was quite broad minded for giving it a go rather than just blowing it off without basis. I do not manage in the EPL because I don't enjoy it.

If you read my post properly then you will see that I asked if anybody had any fun with it to encourage people to talk about good experiences with it.

I am not sure if I am "dissing" those that live in SE Asia. I support Nuneaton Town F.C., 2 leagues below the playable Blue Square North on FM so I watch low-quality football every week. Persiba would probably beat my team IRL anyway, I could tell you that the standard of football in Mayotte isn't very good, I am hardly disrespecting the population am I?

Don't be so defensive in future and tell me what I've missed out on instead of coming out with silly comments. Be more constructive.

I cannot see how it is small minded. I enjoy looking for new leagues to play in and sadly my Indonesian league experience was not fun. I'd say I was quite broad minded for giving it a go rather than just blowing it off without basis. I do not manage in the EPL because I don't enjoy it.

If you read my post properly then you will see that I asked if anybody had any fun with it to encourage people to talk about good experiences with it.

I am not sure if I am "dissing" those that live in SE Asia. I support Nuneaton Town F.C., 2 leagues below the playable Blue Square North on FM so I watch low-quality football every week. Persiba would probably beat my team IRL anyway, I could tell you that the standard of football in Mayotte isn't very good, I am hardly disrespecting the population am I?

Don't be so defensive in future and tell me what I've missed out on instead of coming out with silly comments. Be more constructive.

I'm with you on this. You didn't enjoy the Indonesian league, and that's fair enough. And, you know, the quality is very low there. That's not being closed-minded. Kudos for giving it a go.

Coca Cola league 1. Too many games - 46 league (plus 3 playoff if you're lucky). The FA cup from round 1 (usually 3-4 games excl replays). League cup from round 1, and johnsons paint (at least 6 games). All adds up to an exhausted squad and not much money to get any depth to the squad.

Coca Cola league 1. Too many games - 46 league (plus 3 playoff if you're lucky). The FA cup from round 1 (usually 3-4 games excl replays). League cup from round 1, and johnsons paint (at least 6 games). All adds up to an exhausted squad and not much money to get any depth to the squad.

I feel tired just reading about it! :D

don't know if its the same for all teams, but i quit my porto game early because they had no reserve team. all loaned out and fringe players were on the 1st team screen, and i hate scrolling the squadlist. turning on the "unavailable players" filter would have worked for me if it had stayed on all the time. put me right off.

i got the hang of the spanish registration thing early on, even with the previous bug, but the registration box at the bottom of the squad screen doesn't disappear after registration is complete like it used to. i set the tactics screen as my homepage. otherwise, spain is my favorite league.

wouldnt mind most league being chucked from playable, but would like them still to exist for the players and tournements and such :D.. also whats the point of when you add teams as veiw only that the leagues arent actually simulated and you cant see how good the teams are doing.. and even if you add some leagues there are actually no real players to sign! atleast give them regens SI. wouldnt mid the J-League becoming available

also totally agree with Klimowicz.

I have not experienced with all the leagues in FM, but I would say the one I have enjoyed the least was the MLS, I personally find it much too different to include it with the rest of the leagues of football since it's completely in it's own category. It's still a great league though, I'm just sharing my experience with it. I wouldn't say take it out, in fact I'm for more leagues to be added just like others.

Sorry DTTW, you're right - you have at least tried those small leagues. FWIW I have had a few campaigns in India since I lived there awhile and knew the Indian researcher. That is a truly awful league. for the ultimate though, I downloaded a Fiji league database someone made available in the Editors' Hideaway. A CA of 20 would be superstar - many single figure PAs, all amateur so no contracts, diabolical on the pitch - great fun! It's horses for courses, each to their own etc. etc.

SFTS above is spot on - the research for the Indonesian etc. leagues has all been done and they take bu99er-all space up on the CD. Like 99.9% of FMers, you don't have to load them up, so where's the harm in having them available? :)

kudos for trying the indonesian league. I tried the hong kong league once. Enjoyed it actualy. Dont think i would like to see a league removed tbh. I would probly end up wanting to play it and have to revert back to and older version of FM if they took it away

don't know if its the same for all teams, but i quit my porto game early because they had no reserve team. all loaned out and fringe players were on the 1st team screen, and i hate scrolling the squadlist. turning on the "unavailable players" filter would have worked for me if it had stayed on all the time. put me right off.

i got the hang of the spanish registration thing early on, even with the previous bug, but the registration box at the bottom of the squad screen doesn't disappear after registration is complete like it used to. i set the tactics screen as my homepage. otherwise, spain is my favorite league.

With the Porto thing, I had the same problem in Greece. I just put all the players in the Under 21 squad.

That used to be a big issue in Iceland when I played there in FM06 and they had neither a U19 squad nor a reserve squad so I had a Grindavik 1st team squad of ~50 players including a bunch of kids - caused me to release lots of the kids far earlier than I would normally do, just to keep the clutter to a minimum on my squad screen!

anyone tried the A-League? i like signing washed up ex-internationals, but i'm always at big clubs...

Yes, had a great time managing Melbourne Victory there in FM 07. I had Geovanni come sign for me at the age of 33 and he was my top scorer for several consecutive seasons. It's a very small and short league, and seasons fly by very fast. There is however a wage cap that you need to be aware of.

The only down fall is, I'm from Europe and I just get home sick after a few seasons. Yes, even in the game I get home sick. Sad, I know.

The leagues where a 'top' striker has 6 for finishing are pointless, if you want poor quality but bearable (as in its not completely random for 2 seasons then you dominate ) football try the blue square north/south.

Edit: This is IMO of course, I'm aware some of you like playing these leagues (I also played the Indian league) but I find it too random and then too easy to dominate because A.I teams are less adventurous in transfers and tactics.

anyone tried the A-League? i like signing washed up ex-internationals, but i'm always at big clubs...

I found this league extremely difficult but stuck it out for three seasons with Perth Glory, finishing 8th, 7th and 7th respectively. Trick is don't waste your foreigners by signing tripe, they've got the be the best you can sign otherwise you're stuck (but even then it's difficult to balance wages). In truth, I did enjoy it, I defy somebody to win the league with Perth Glory in their first two seasons.

I left for newly-promoted Hendon in the BSS.

I found this league extremely difficult but stuck it out for three seasons with Perth Glory, finishing 8th, 7th and 7th respectively. Trick is don't waste your foreigners by signing tripe, they've got the be the best you can sign otherwise you're stuck (but even then it's difficult to balance wages). In truth, I did enjoy it, I defy somebody to win the league with Perth Glory in their first two seasons.

I left for newly-promoted Hendon in the BSS.

I scraped through two seasons with Perth Glory. Finished 7th and 4th. I also enjoyed it. I just couldn't devote the time and effort to it that I felt it needed to really push on.

Was a good challenge, though.

I scraped through two seasons with Perth Glory. Finished 7th and 4th. I also enjoyed it. I just couldn't devote the time and effort to it that I felt it needed to really push on.

Was a good challenge, though.

I really do think the A-League is a (not so) hidden treasure on the game to be honest, I look forward to future FM's where the expansion is incorproated.

I really do think the A-League is a (not so) hidden treasure on the game to be honest, I look forward to future FM's where the expansion is incorproated.

Are we ruling out SI incorporating it into FM09, then?

MLS.

It's like they've deliberately set-up the league to be as infuriating, nonsensical and pathetically even as possible.

All American sport is the same though, particularly with the ownership and the amount of money involved (like the amount of adverts that make American football unwatchable); but it seems like MLS has all these things to the ultra-extreme so 'soccer' can never become big in America because no one will be interested 'cause there'll be no big team to gain casual support, and nonsensical pooling.

Rant over :p

might give it a go later, but i feel funny unless i have stadium background pictures and player pics.

if i was lazy, i'd ask if anyone has a link to A-League stadium & (cut-out) player pictures. :p

Archived