Is this a bug?

I have recently explained my situation with this game, I took over at Newcastle, saved them from relegation and my job was insecure. I am just coming to the January transfer window and I only have £4m to spend but could do with strengthening some positions, I am currently 3rd in the league and on a great run in which Champions League football is a strong possibility but UEFA Cup at the least I feel. I have just asked for more money and they reply stating they have not seen anything from the money spent so far this season, is 13 places above what I finished last season not good enough then?

Cheers guys for your responses, it just seems a little unrealistic, I'm sure if Keegan was 3rd at the beginning of Jan this season Ashley (if he is still there) will be throwing his money at him to make sure the position sticks and they get the European football the Toon fans want

they're basically saying they dont want to give you anymore because they think, taking into account how much you've spent, and your current league postiion, that you've had more than enough.

you may currently be 3rd but you haven't got your final position payment yet. and you haven't won any cups yet.

It is the norm that the board don't give you more money when you ask for it - clubs who do are exceptions! I wouldn't read too much into the actual statement they give though. Basically what they are saying is they don't want to give you any more money and saying they have seen no return from what you've already spent is just a "cover all" kind of reason to back that up. As others have said though - you haven't achieved anything yet in January.

Depends also what your reputation is etc. Keegan is a Newcastle hero, depending what you set as your reputation at the start and how far it has progressed they may just see you as a jumped up nobody who has yet to prove yourself over a period of time.

It is the norm that the board don't give you more money when you ask for it - clubs who do are exceptions! I wouldn't read too much into the actual statement they give though. Basically what they are saying is they don't want to give you any more money and saying they have seen no return from what you've already spent is just a "cover all" kind of reason to back that up. As others have said though - you haven't achieved anything yet in January.

They say the same thing after you have massively overachieved at the end of the season.

Archived