Does FM08 take longer to play than FM07?

I've seen this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't seem to find it.

In my old FM07 game, my game clock (the thing which calculates how long you have played for) was around 8 days, and I'd got into the year 2024. Now, I have done 11 days or so on FM08 and I'm only in the year 2013. I'm not exactly constantly on it, but I go on it a fair bit. I thought this version was meant to be, and I quote from the manual: "Speedyfastier - saving and loading is now significantly faster and smoother to play ".

Also as an afterthought, it says that "tactical changes are quicker than ever before". Sometimes it takes up to 10 match minutes to make a sub or a tactical change. This isn't exactly true is it?

I've seen this discussed somewhere before, but I couldn't seem to find it.

In my old FM07 game, my game clock (the thing which calculates how long you have played for) was around 8 days, and I'd got into the year 2024. Now, I have done 11 days or so on FM08 and I'm only in the year 2013. I'm not exactly constantly on it, but I go on it a fair bit. I thought this version was meant to be, and I quote from the manual: "Speedyfastier - saving and loading is now significantly faster and smoother to play ".

Also as an afterthought, it says that "tactical changes are quicker than ever before". Sometimes it takes up to 10 match minutes to make a sub or a tactical change. This isn't exactly true is it?

1) Saving and loading is faster.

2) If you pause the game, go to the tactics screen, then make the change and press confirm, it's a lot quicker than 07's "wait until the end of the highlight".

Archived