View Only & playable leagues

Sorry I dont have an answer but I'd like to know this also.

I'd like to find out how much quicker running 'View Only' leagues is as compared to running full? I.e is running two view only leagues the equivalant to running one full league?

A view-only league will generaly get less new youth players than a playable league.

A view-only league/country acts the same way as if it wasn't selected at all, you just get to see a league table. So you'd get the same amount of players being generated in that country as if you hadn't selected the league atall.

If you want to increase the amount of players in a country, the best way is to select that league/country as playable, or select a larger database size, or load all players from that country. If you want players from a certain country to be generated the best way is to select that league/country as playable.

A view-only league will generaly get less new youth players than a playable league.

A view-only league/country acts the same way as if it wasn't selected at all, you just get to see a league table. So you'd get the same amount of players being generated in that country as if you hadn't selected the league atall.

If you want to increase the amount of players in a country, the best way is to select that league/country as playable, or select a larger database size, or load all players from that country. If you want players from a certain country to be generated the best way is to select that league/country as playable.

I thought that view-only makes the game a little slower. If you load just the recommended set up and then select all other leagues in the game as view-only would it run at the same speed as if you did not select any on view only?

I ran a couple of holiday games for a few seasons- one with with 15 leagues (top div only) as view only and one with around 40 of the top clubs retained in a .ddt

The game with the .ddt seemed to produce more promoted youth players in the top teams i.e. Ajax averaged 6 per season, Bayern 4 and Zenit 3

Some teams had none in 6 years - mainly Scandinavian clubs and Rangers and Celtic- so it's probably linked to league reputation

You could always just tough it out and play your league with that league playing fully in the background.

In my career game i picked the european countries which have what i consider the best teams scotland england france germany holland italy etc etc and play on a small database. Game plays at a decent rate and i feel that i will get a good amount of regans from the countries i have chosen. Just a suggestion though. Might be worth trying ?

What would happen if you saved the game on June 19th, put all the view-only leagues onto playable for the day that regens are generated and then saved and went back to view-only? Would you get a big increase in regens?

You can not switch between playable and view-only once you have started a game.

I ran a few holiday games and it seems you get a lot more youth coming through to the top clubs with a medium database than you do with a large one

I have a .ddt with around 460 teams retained from all over the world (although for some reason the Japanese players are not retained??)

I suppose with a large database you get a lot more obscure players from around the world loaded - with the large DB and the .ddt the top teams were only getting 2 youth players promoted per year

With a medium database and .ddt I they were getting 10-12 per year

Archived