Work Permits!!!!

Hiya

I started a new game with Man City and i wanted to by the striker called Jo (since i heard he was good and my scouts said he was good) lol

but he couldnt get an work permit so i appealed and it failed

so i was wondering is there any way to get him? as need a good striker

You can still buy him but you will not be able to play him so you would need to send to a feeder club to get a dual nationality.

Keep appealing and eventually you will be told that you can buy him but not play him.

I have done this quite a few times and send them to Belgium to get a dual nationality and then i can play them.

I can't believe how unbelievably hard it is to get a work permit in FM. In real life, you do get the occasional one but Man City never had any problems with it, did they? In fact, the only one that I have heard of in recent times was that Liverpool young guy, can't remember his name.

Better to try someone else.

That's nice and constructive!!!

For the OP, this is a list of where players can come from and not need work permits

I've been doing some searching online, and this appears to be the definative list...

• Andorra

• Austria

• Belgium

• Cyprus

• Czech Republic

• Denmark

• England

• Estonia

• Faroe Islands

• Finland

• France

• French Guyana

• Germany

• Greece

• Guadeloupe

• Holland

• Hungary

• Iceland

• Ireland

• Italy

• Latvia

• Liechtenstein

• Lithuania

• Luxembourg

• Malta

• Martinique

• Mayotte

• Monaco

• Northern Ireland

• New Caledonia

• Norway

• Poland

• Portugal

• Reunion

• Saint Martin

• Saint Pierre & Miquelon

• San Marino

• Scotland

• Saint Maarten

• Slovakia

• Slovenia

• Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Wales

• Wallis & Futuna

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier2/workpermits/workpermitarrangements/sportsandentertainments/footballplayers/

That link is form the Home Office's UK Border Agency and is all to do with the issuing of Work Permit's for people outside the EU wanting to play football in the UK and the reasons for restrictions.

This is the important bit...

Initial applications

"To be eligible for a work permit:

* a player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

* the player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application."

There is an appeals process, if a player is of outstanding abilities... which is a little less regulated.

I tried signing an Angolan international who'd played all his countries International in the past two years and Angola had been inside the top 70 for the past three years and he still didn't get a permit.

Well i'm completly stumped with this one... they only thing i can think of is that it's a restriction due to the size of the database you are running...

Who was the player? Where were you signing him from?

Did he have dual nationality?

You can still buy him but you will not be able to play him so you would need to send to a feeder club to get a dual nationality.

Keep appealing and eventually you will be told that you can buy him but not play him.

I have done this quite a few times and send them to Belgium to get a dual nationality and then i can play them.

While a Belgian feeder is ok I would personally suggest that you try and get a Spanish one if you haven't already because A) I have found that South American players will be more happy to go there and B) Because of the special rules that Spain has regarding South Americans they will be eligible for dual nationality after just 2 years which I believe is the quickest in the game and Irl. Remember though that just because a player is eligible for dual nationality they do not have to take it. Although most will some inevitably won't.

When a work permit fails, when do you get the option to sign him anyway (and hence loan back to someone else)? Does it depend on the age of the player or perhaps feeder clubs that you have? As I'm sure I just see that it's failed and don't have any other options.

age shouldnt matter unless they are under the age required to play in the league for the team you are trying to send them to

And you need a feeder team from belguim(seems to be the most common IMHO)

How old was your player?

and what club did you try to send him to?

does anyone actualyl know how the work permits are calculated in this game?? is it done on international appearances or is it done on some other crazy method such as current rep and all that jumble of meaningless stuff

When a work permit fails, when do you get the option to sign him anyway (and hence loan back to someone else)? Does it depend on the age of the player or perhaps feeder clubs that you have? As I'm sure I just see that it's failed and don't have any other options.

When you try to sign a player you will only get the option to sign him anyway if you already have a work permit feeder club otherwise the deal will fall through at the appeal stage.

In playing the game, I have never actually bought a player (as an English club) with a view to sending to a WP Feeder Club.

Can anyone kindly explain how it works on FM for me?

Obviously, I understand the principle. In the past when i've signed a player who needed a WP and then had his application turned down, and then again upon appeal, I have been unable to sign him. But I've often wondered "If I had a WP Feeder Club, would I get an option when the WP application is turned down to sign him anyway and send him straight out on loan to the Feeder Club?".

Cheers.

I can't believe how unbelievably hard it is to get a work permit in FM. In real life, you do get the occasional one but Man City never had any problems with it, did they? In fact, the only one that I have heard of in recent times was that Liverpool young guy, can't remember his name.

In real life though, one of the stipulations is international caps, but then the next is wither they would improve the league, it's hard to put that into a game.

In real life though, one of the stipulations is international caps, but then the next is wither they would improve the league, it's hard to put that into a game.

I wouldn't say it's hard, they'd just use the CA/PA values to determine whether the player would improve the league.

In playing the game, I have never actually bought a player (as an English club) with a view to sending to a WP Feeder Club.

Can anyone kindly explain how it works on FM for me?

Obviously, I understand the principle. In the past when i've signed a player who needed a WP and then had his application turned down, and then again upon appeal, I have been unable to sign him. But I've often wondered "If I had a WP Feeder Club, would I get an option when the WP application is turned down to sign him anyway and send him straight out on loan to the Feeder Club?".

Cheers.

Yes, that is what happens. After the appeal fails, you get a message saying he is ready to complete his transfer, he will be unable to play for your club but can be loaned out to another club.

Make sure his contract is long enough, though. Because if his contract expires before he gets his dual nationality, you WON'T be able to give him a new contract (you can't, for some reason, even if you want him to carry on abroad), and if he's out of contract and with you on a month-to-month deal, you can't send him abroad again! It's infuriating.

Yes, that is what happens. After the appeal fails, you get a message saying he is ready to complete his transfer, he will be unable to play for your club but can be loaned out to another club.

Make sure his contract is long enough, though. Because if his contract expires before he gets his dual nationality, you WON'T be able to give him a new contract (you can't, for some reason, even if you want him to carry on abroad), and if he's out of contract and with you on a month-to-month deal, you can't send him abroad again! It's infuriating.

Thanks very much. i might have to give this a try...

hi guys!

I don't want to start a new thread so I'm asking in here...I'm playing as newcastle and I'm in my 5th season. I have a couple of talented youngsters that don't have wps and they are currently on loan at my polish feeder club. The problem is that they need 430 days more to get citizenship but their contracts run out in cca 300 days. When I offer them new contracts they can't sign them cause they didn't get wps. Is there a way for them to sign them and remain in my club without wps?

thanks in advance

hi guys!

I don't want to start a new thread so I'm asking in here...I'm playing as newcastle and I'm in my 5th season. I have a couple of talented youngsters that don't have wps and they are currently on loan at my polish feeder club. The problem is that they need 430 days more to get citizenship but their contracts run out in cca 300 days. When I offer them new contracts they can't sign them cause they didn't get wps. Is there a way for them to sign them and remain in my club without wps?

thanks in advance

No, don't think so, I'm afraid. Just keep offering them contracts and hopefully they will get a wp before their contract runs out.

Mark Gonzalez was his name and we had to loan him to a spanish club for another year. he only lasted 1 year in England and was sold - what a waste!!

I know what you are saying - I signed Nicolas Milan on a three year contract (longest I was able to offer due to his age), sent him to belgium for three years, and as soon as he returned to me with dual nationality, he rejected my new contract and signed for Newcastle on a free - ungrateful B****rd - player loyality for you!

While a Belgian feeder is ok I would personally suggest that you try and get a Spanish one if you haven't already because A) I have found that South American players will be more happy to go there and B) Because of the special rules that Spain has regarding South Americans they will be eligible for dual nationality after just 2 years which I believe is the quickest in the game and Irl. Remember though that just because a player is eligible for dual nationality they do not have to take it. Although most will some inevitably won't.

In my long experience of playing this game as Liverpool I have never been able to get a Spanish team so you might all struggle to get a Spanish feeder club. Might just be my luck though!!

In my long experience of playing this game as Liverpool I have never been able to get a Spanish team so you might all struggle to get a Spanish feeder club. Might just be my luck though!!

I found it quite easy to get a Spanish feeder club with Liverpool, simply did a tour of there once, and the next time I asked for a feeder club I got offered 1 in their 2nd division (not 100% sure of the name!). This was around 2010.

Used it to send around 4 Brazilians to, but only 2 went back the next year and qualified to dual-nationality, for some reason when the other 2 came back i was able to play them even though they were only Brazilian and had never played for Brazil!!

1 of the Brazilians who took the citizenship actually ditched Brazil and went on to play for Spain! Had the same thing happen with a couple of players I sent to Poland. I sent over a couple of Iranis, a Qatari, and a Saudi and they all took the citizenship and went on to play for Poland! Sadly none of them worked out and they moved to play Championship football after leaving the glory of Liverpool!

Be careful when sending Brazlians to Spain, you have to make sure you get them in before that registration window closes otherwise they don't play any games and get upset and won't return, I found the same thing happens in Poland. I have a Nigerian there atm but he's not playing so i'm scarred that he won't go back!!

Just a quick thing, has anyone managed to get 2 feeder clubs? by that I mean 1 in Belgium and 1 in Poland? It would be really handy if you could as some players won't go to Poland (my prefered option as my feeder club as they've won their league 2 years in a row and are starting to be a force in Europe, all thanks to me I believe!), so I would love to be able to send them to Belgium as a 2nd option.

Just a quick thing, has anyone managed to get 2 feeder clubs? by that I mean 1 in Belgium and 1 in Poland? It would be really handy if you could as some players won't go to Poland (my prefered option as my feeder club as they've won their league 2 years in a row and are starting to be a force in Europe, all thanks to me I believe!), so I would love to be able to send them to Belgium as a 2nd option.

nope, never managed to have 2... for me it'd be ideally one in Belgium and one in Spain. i keep hoping for it, and going on tours etc, but alas, ive not come across it yet....

Archived