running full screen in mac using terminal

does anyone know how to do this. i am still battling my way through finding out how to do it correctly.

basically i have found the help on the si website but it doesn't seem to work for me. the commands seem to be ineffective.

does anyone know the correct procedure for getting full screen for Football Manager 2008 on a macbook 13.3".

thank you

i would really appreciate it if someone from si could give me a definitive answer.

basically i have the commands that you give on your support on the website.

i use the command cd /Applications/Sports\ Interactive/Football\ Manager\ 2008/fm.app

i press enter and then type in cd fm.app/Contents/MacOS/

and it returns saying no such file or directory. and then i don't know what to do.

i have a new macbook 13.3" and i know it is possible to achieve a full screen as others have clarified, and for the moment i just can't play the game as i have played it for 10 years in nothing other than full screen.

what am i typing in wrong?

thanks in advance

Can you not just do this.

Go on football manager

Options > Preferences > Display and Sound > and then tick the full screen box?

unfortunately the full screen displays with black edges either side that doesn't utilise the whole screen.

my old computer (also a widescreen) didn't have this problem. it's all a bit small, i need to override the preferences and set my own parameters.

thanks though

sure its that, i had the same problem and found that that sorted it out, same screensize and is a macbook as well so shld work

thank you very much for your help, i have managed to work out how to open in in terminal and i get to choose the dimensions myself. if anyone else wants to know then send me a message. cheers

Archived