Windowed mode won't work on new laptop

Basically what the title says. New laptop won't let me have windowed mode on in FM08. I have changed the target box to

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

I have done this by going to games explorer, selecting football manager and clicked customise. From here i selected the top icon and changed the target box in the window that opened.

Any help please because i would like to play in windowed mode as soon as possible.

O and i have unclicked full screen in the preferences folder in the actual game.

I have also looked at other threads and i couldnt find the right answer so don't suggest searching for an answer because i have already tried that.

try the -windowed and -small_screen the other way round...

1. Right-click on the football manager icon on your desktop and select properties.
  2. Click the shortcut tab and type the following: "-small_screen -windowed" into the target box after what is already in there.
  3. Then click apply and ok.

right i have got it in windowed mode

but on player stats there is a toolbar to scroll down to see the rest of the stats

how do i get rid of this toolbar so that all the stats appear as they normally do in full screen mode

i have changed the screen resolution but that seems to have made no difference to the stats layout.

I had those scroll bars too, I moved my taskbar to the side of the screen rather than the bottom and then increased the size of the FM window by clicking and dragging each side. It filled the screen, except for the taskbar, so it's still windowed, but the scrollbars are gone.

Archived