Help with belgium and homegrown players

HI everybody:-)

I just wanted to hear if anybody knew how long a player has to live in a county(in my case Belgium) before he is considered home grown?

I am playing a game with Anderlecht and is on my 4 year. When I started I bought some players from Denmark, various counties in Africa and brazil. My Dane was 18 when I got him and is now a home grown player, but the rest of the young players are not. Anybody know why that is?

And just one question more:-)

My African players have lived in Belgium long enough to become a belgium citizen, but in personal imformation its just says that they are considering it. Do they need that before they can become home grown? And if that is the reason, is there any way of making them get the second passport?

Many thanks from me:-)

i thought so too, but it seems that if a player has been in a country for a number of years, between the age of 17 to 21( i think, but am not sure) they can be listed as home grown. i dont know if they have to get citizenship in that country for that or what.

remember this is in belgium, so there are diffrent rules than other countries

not sure how long it is in belgium, but its probably along the same kind of lines as in englad, where its 3 years under the age of 21 at the club to be considered homegrown, iirc... i usually sign a fair few youngsters from europe at the start of the game, and by the start of the 2010/11 season, theyre considered homegrown...

as for your african player, theres no way to force him into taking belgian citizenship. he either will or he wont. try offering him a new contract and see if that changes anything. otherwise, you'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

think any player has to spend 3 years in belgium..remember thats 3 years! not 3 seasons

homegrown - A belgian whos came through your youthcenter or any belgium youthcenter

but as i said before, the danish player who spent 3 years in belgium is now home grown, but my players from africa are not, but again maby thats because they only are consirering belgium nationalityand therefors still a foreign player. just mu guess

It's a UEFA rule and isn't country specific.

If they officially sign for your club at/before aged 17 then in 3 years they will be club trained/home grown = orange HG icon.

If they officially signed for a club in your association at/before 17 then in 3 years they are association trained = yellow HG icon.

Sending on loan makes no difference.

Off the top of my head youth players promoted from academies are automatically assigned HG orange status. If someone else can confirm or refute that before the next time I can check then post.

If you check the date the African players joined your club you'll probably find they weren't actually 17 on the day they joined, unless it is a bug.

There's no way to make them take citizenship (which is annoying - wouldn't it be nice to have an interaction urging them to consider it quicker?). You can have homegrown players from other nations - I bought Saivet very young and he was denoted as 'homegrown' 3 seasons on when registering for the CL as he had been reared through the youth system for the needed length of time, even though I purchased him from another club.

Maybe applying homegrown status only works with EU nationals? I'm guessing this because you say the others are from Africa and South America. Only guessing though!

Your right "isuckatfm", because i got the african player when he was 18, and that really is the lowest age you can get a non eu player, so i guess there is really no way of making them home grown. that kinda bugs me because in belgium you need 7 home grown(yellow) players for each match:-( that can be a bit hard sometimes if you want to built a team thats good enough to play en champions league or the ueffa cup

• 2 weeks later...

according to the rules, you need 2 u-21, and 4 people trained in belgium.

for a new multiplayer game we thought of something new. replace the 2 lowest ranking teams in belgian first division (Dender and Roeselare) with a team of our choosing. we got a limited amount of transfermoney, and had to assemble a whole squad, reserves and all. Prices were the prices of the players at the start of a new game. We would then use the editor to place these players in our team.

Since we hoped we would get at least a european ticket we already changed the player history of some players to make the club homegrown. But when we get to our first league match they aren't homegrown. an example is skjelbred, whose history we changed so he played for me (Roeselare) since 2002. Since he is from 1987, that should suffice. But he doesn't show up as homegrown. Changing nationalities doesn't seem to help.

Archived