I finally found one!

Why are people bothered about the penalty taking stat? Correct me if i'm wrong but if your demanding every regen 15+ on the penalty taking stat and everyones getting 5-10, what's the difference? Surely it's going to be competitive either way.

Why are people bothered about the penalty taking stat? Correct me if i'm wrong but if your demanding every regen 15+ on the penalty taking stat and everyones getting 5-10, what's the difference? Surely it's going to be competitive either way.

True, but it's still not right and the issue has to be raised.

Because I'm now in 2029 and can't find a player with penalty taking higher then 14. (well I can't find a player who's actually any good and has a penalty taking attribute higher than 14).

How much it affects the game isn't the issue, it's just wrong and quite annoying.

It's definitely one of those where it doesn't bother you until it bites you in the ass. I have one decent penalty taker but the rest are crap. Hence I've lost every shoot out I've had including a Champion's league final. That was where the 'it affects everyone' argument falls short if you are not in a 100% regen game world. I played Inter who had a few real players in their starting line up so I inevitably lost as I had one player with >10.

He looks quality for his age.

It prompted me to look at my team for my future penalty taker. Shocking, once I get into my re-gen players, no one has penalty taking above 13.

My current penalty taker, is a world class striker with 20 in penalty taking, I can only remember him not scoring on 2 penalties in about 7 years. Both of them were saves and not misses. That seems a huge ratio to me, so maybe a score of about 13 is more realistic.

Does anyone know if you can increase penalty taking massively by training them harder in set pieces? I may have a play with it in my next season.

Archived