Question About Player Interest Using Genie Scout 2008

Hi i just have a question with regard to genie scout , is there an option i can search with to find out which players would most likley be interested in joing my team , or a certain amount of player reputation to search for or something , i am currently leicester , and i dont have a clue what the number has to be e.g home reputation current reputation world reputation etc!

thanks

Martin

P.S.

Quick responses are appreciated!

First, check your own reputation, and that of players currently at your club.

Search--> Teams ---> Your Team ---> Personnel tab ---> You

---> Teams ---> Your Team ---> Rep should be listed. If not, use options to list for your Team. Compare this with a few other teams in your league to see if you are 'low' or 'high' for your league.

Gather an impression of your league rep. Or view in data editor (outside of the game itself, eh.)

To filter for players who may just join your team, use the player search and set the world rep to below the highest currently in your squad, or maybe a little higher or lower, depending on your assessment of your club and league rep.

Do a test run on free transfer players, to check your max reputation:

Click the 'world rep' column when the search comes up (and of course use other filter options as you see fit. Typically: Position, Minimum key attributes, Minimum Actual and Potential positional rating (far more accurate than PA or CA, IMO).

The 'clicking on column' will align your search by reputation. Try signing a few of these at various reputations. Just 'approach to sign' and see if they are interested, then back away and say 'just joking' ;).

When you establish your max rep for global rep, repeat for local rep.

Your results will vary depending on (again): league reputation, club reputation within the league, your manager reputation (I think), and various other minutiae like nationality and hidden mental stats of the player in question, morale, etc.. So it is important to get a good sampling when doing the 'free transfer test search'. Try local players. Try foreign players. Establish your baseline and write it down. Use this info to filter all future searches and update annually as your reputation increases (hopefully!).

-Smac

following youre advise and going by the diff reps of my current players i have managed to work out my clubs reputation of players is below 4000 for world rep, and below 6000 for current rep however when trying to sign players with reps of around 5289 current and 3989 world they still have no interest in joining me ???? you have any idea why?

Sometimes i use this trick:

make a shortlist in Genie. sometimes more than 100 players that i think would be good for my squad.

ctrl + s (save shortlist data)

save it at my documents - si - fm2008 - shortlists

go to your game

shortlist - import shortlist - the shortlist you just made @ genie.

and "ask assistent to filter out unrealistic targets."

well, then i know who want to come :)

Trouble is, sometimes you can sign players who are 'unrealistic targets'. Wouldn't want to miss them because the Ass. Man. didn't think they were likely!

And the shortlist thing is great in Genie, but initially I find it easier to play in a window with Genie in another window. Find a name, search it in FM, try to sign him, scratch head and make notes, repeat.

As to why players won't sign at certain reps when you think they 'should', I do think that much more has been included this year as to: How much the player likes his current club, ambition / nationality, morale, etc.. That is why its best to attempt to sign a wide range of players at each rep you think could be the limiting factor. If even one accepts 'approach to sign' then you are not yet at your limit. But it takes far more patience, even with Genie as unless you are a top 10 club you are going to have quite a few failed approaches.

Archived