ok...so i won the World Cup now...thanks to the pc

I manage to reach the second round of the competition. I faced Chile and won by 3-1. In the quarters i meet France and lost 1-0 if i remember. I was out. Them i left my country because it wasn't a good experience and i wanted to focus more on my team. They even asked me to reconsider but i went out. Them 3 weeks pass on the game, almost time for the league start again when, my pc crashed and i didn't save since the world cup...(i didn't had the backups options on this save)

Result: here i was again vs Chile on the second round. I won again, this time 2-0. Them i meet France again on the quarters and won on the penaltis 4-2. And there i was on the semi-finals with Argentina. I managed to won 2-1. After this, the final was the last step...it was against England and i won 2-1 after start losing 1-0.

Although im happy with it, i dont consider this cheating because, it was my computer fault. I DIDNT re-load after losing on the quarters has stated above. I let the game go on and i had the bad habit of not having backups and my pc crashed... only to give me "another" opportunity to won and accomplish a dream.

Im thinking of stepping down for the national team despite being world champion, because i still want to focus on my team.

Lol the same thing happened to me although this was at club level. IIRC i needed to win the last league game to get the last automatic promotion spot in one of the lower leagues in Sweden. Anyway i lost the match and thought well I guess thats it. After plodding my way through a week or two all of a sudden this message came up regarding crash dumps and telling me the game had to close.

I couldn't believe it, needless to say i loaded the game back up and played from my last save point and somehow managed to win that last game and get promotion, all I can say is I don't think I've ever been as lucky as that before or since lol.

I can understand how it takes a bit of the shine off it but as you said its the computers fault really and i guess we just have to treat it as a moment of luck.

Anyway well done on winning the second time around :)

I had something similar although I hadn't won anything. I had just got sacked by Atletico Madrid and my comp crashed, I reloaded and they never sacked me. I tried to continue the save, but every time you click continue you think to yourself "I hope they sack me now", :D it just makes the save feel tainted.

Sometimes when you get the crash dumps/needs to close message, you can still save the game the normal way...that normally works for me - I save the game then reload and it's fine. It doens't always work mind and carries an element of risk so normally I save under a different save game file to mitigate said risk.

However, don't consider it cheating mate...so you had a bit of luck....you still deserved to win the World Cup!

here is a question. if you win the world cup and then the computer crashes you go back to re play it and you lose how do you react?

do you accept defeat or do you keep re-trying until you win again.

a difficult one

I had a similar situation with the Euros. I won them with England, didn't save, switched off my computer (thinking I'd saved) and then reloaded to find I hadn't even named a squad. I was knocked out in the semis. Frustrating.

I had a similar situation with the Euros. I won them with England, didn't save, switched off my computer (thinking I'd saved) and then reloaded to find I hadn't even named a squad. I was knocked out in the semis. Frustrating.

lol that must suck :p its the total way around!

Archived