Quick Question.

If I were to artificially weaken the EPL through Pre-game editor, so that all English clubs failed in Europe for the next 7 seasons, would that affect the Nation Co-efficient, and if so, would this lead to a different set of European qualification criteria? e.g. 3 CL places, 4 UEFA cup places?

Yeah, it would weaken the coefficient. If they went below the top 3 leagues in Europe then only 3 teams from the PL would be in the Champions League. Obviously the further they go down the less European places they get and the earlier they start in each European competition.

It would've been nice if you could come up with a proper title rather than some obscure "Look at this thread because I don't have time to wait" title.

Imagine when everyone would do so :-/

As for your question, I don't believe the criteria would change to a (i.e.) 3-4-0*. I believe the rankings this way are fixed based on UEFA/FIFA rules, so you can get all kinds of sets, like 4-3-1, 3-3-1 or 2-4-1, but not a 3-4-0, or a 1-4-1. The criteria for European Football should abide by the rules set right now, so they shouldn't be allowed to change depending on what kind of cheat you use.

The only thing you might influence is that England would lose the spot to another nation, which means they would get a 2-4-1 place instead of a 4-3-1, or perhaps even lower than that, if you keep it up for 7 years.

* Example: 4-3-1 stands for 4 Champions League, 3 UEFA, 1 Intertoto.

Archived