Any chance this guy is my son?

Ok, after reading that getting a son is a possibility I've been obsessed with the idea, so am probably just deluded in thinking that I have one. But after years of typing 'Geoghegan' into the search box (just to see if there were any others) and only finding me, the other day I was delighted to see a 17 year old Boston left back called Gavin Geoghegan.

Ok, I've never managed Boston, and it isn't really near Newcastle, but it would be realistic as I'd have been 36 when having him (prime time for conception, surely!) AND I did visit York Street a few years back in a cup game. I stuggled and scraped a 1-0 win, so maybe the missus (or one night stand I'd had after a sensational win at Anfield 9 months earlier - who knows?) went into labour that day and we skipped the pre-match routine, meaning my team played crap and my son was born in Boston.

He's predominantly English and second nationality Irish as I am, but I fear there isn't quite enough there to claim him as my son.

Either way, I've signed him and he's in my U18s at Newcastle, so even if he's not my son, I'm gonna claim him as an adopted cousin.

Nobody can stop me from doing that. Nobody can.

FM'08 has a huge player name database. Believe me, with the last name I have you'd never expect to see another. But in my game, there are 8. Amazing. Wish one was mine.

Is the only way to know if it's your son to see if you are his favorite personnel? Do you get an email message saying this happened?

Am I b0llocks. Though even if I was in his favoured personnel, it would probably be more down to the fact that I'd taken him from the reserves of a Blue Square Premier side and fetched him into the U18s of the best side in the world on a wage that most 30 year olds could only dream of.

I think I'm only dreaming...

Maybe I'm just not in his favoured personnel because I made him live with Aunty Mary in her council flat for 17 years while I travelled around Europe winning everything and visiting everywhere. If I was him I wouldn't like me.

PS dankrzyz - I think I'll do that. I used to play left back for school. It's a match made in heaven.

Archived